calcium

Laura H.
on 10/9/12 9:37 am - Canada
Hi, Anyone use the calcium chews?  I am thinking of changing to them.  Right now I am doing liquid but it is too expensive and I can't do the chewables, too chalky.  What is your opinion of them?  Thanks.

Laura H.

JJ_
on 10/9/12 9:38 am
Which calcium chews are you referring to?  Are they calcium citrate chews or calcium carbonate?

Judy
Laura H.
on 10/9/12 10:48 am - Canada
Well we are supposed to have calcium citrate.  Are there different chews?  I am ignorant when it comes to this.

Laura H.

MelissaB26
on 10/9/12 11:26 am - Canada
 I get the bariatric chew (caramel) they are AMAZING!!! I look forward to having them :)
cheaper to order online as well :)
(deactivated member)
on 10/9/12 11:35 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12
Where do you order from, can you leave give us a link?
MelissaB26
on 10/9/12 11:39 am - Canada
On October 9, 2012 at 6:35 PM Pacific Time, Debra G. wrote:
Where do you order from, can you leave give us a link?
 I posted the link for everyone..  :)
(deactivated member)
on 10/9/12 11:33 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
You can't buy the calcium citrate chews in Canada.  The ones in the store are either elemental calcium or carbonate.  You would have to order them from the US.
PatXYZ
on 10/9/12 1:36 pm
You can get the Bariatric Advantage chews now at some of the hospital pharmacies. TWH has them in lemon, chocolate, caramel, and one other flavour I think, and they are awesome (if expensive).
I had OHIP approved Duodenal Switch surgery with Dr. Dennis Hong at St. Joseph's Hamilton on March 7th, 2012. Want more information on the DS in Ontario? Send me a private message!
(deactivated member)
on 10/9/12 10:19 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
Thanks Pat, I forgot about TWH and Humber both having them in their pharmacies.  Have never seen them in any other pharmacy so that is where my head went.  Just want to make sure nobody thinks the Jamieson chews are the rights ones.
PatXYZ
on 10/10/12 2:09 am
For sure - it only adds to the confusion that some of the centres recommend the Jamieson chews for the first few weeks after surgery... d'oh!
I had OHIP approved Duodenal Switch surgery with Dr. Dennis Hong at St. Joseph's Hamilton on March 7th, 2012. Want more information on the DS in Ontario? Send me a private message!
Most Active
Recent Topics