Guelph - waiting for post surgery nutrition class date & surgeron

Dar_Mab
on 10/10/12 9:34 am - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

Hi everyone!    Fairly new to this blog... Mostly observed and learned.   Now I would love to hear some thoughts on a subject.

Met last week with the Dietitian for the last time.  She told me the next steps are to get a post surgery nutrition class and a surgeron date.      Wow.  Started Orientation in June and things seemed to have sailed along.   I am now nervous and questioning my decision to proceed.   I keep asking  myself -- why can't I just go on a diet and continue to lose weight without having surgery.  Then the next minute I remind myself that this is the whole reason I am here in the first place and that if I want a permanent change I need to go through with this.

I have seen many postings where people just can't wait for their surgeruy dates.   Did everyone know for sure it was for them?  Were there not ambivlanet feelings about this big step ?     

I am one that likes to analyze the pros and cons of any situation.  But I keep going around and around on this one!  

Help?

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

Mochalocks12
on 10/10/12 10:12 am - Canada
 I am only at the beginning of my journey....but I know for myself, It took me so long to decide to seek out WLS that I am just ready... Having said that I still have those questions and I am sure that I will continue to have them... It is completely normal.... 
Best of luck on your continued journey! 

Nelli

Referral July 30, 2013..VSG BY Dr. Lloyd Smith Aug 12, 2013.  Pre OPTI weight: 350. Sw331 CW190

time2changeme
on 10/10/12 11:24 am
Hi Dar!  By the time I was ready to met the Dr I was completely confident and sure that this is what I wanted to do. I tried many diets over the years and have always gained my wieght back, plus some  I feel having this surgery is a chance for me to enjoy some of the things I have been missing out on for alot of years!  I am excited, and into my 4th week of opti-fast, clear chicken broth, and black tea. I have 2 more weeks to go!!!  My surgery is Oct 25th.  

Good Luck with your decision, I know you will make the best decision for YOU :-)
zillah
on 10/11/12 9:41 am
Wow, that is a long time to be on liquids are you sick to death of it?  Or are you hanging tough because your so close to a new way of life?  I will be thinking of you and cheering you on.
Most Active
Recent Topics