pppfffttt i give up

Leafsfan1982
on 10/30/12 3:36 am - Canada

they r now saying the reason why im like this is becuz i had a stroke....wtf??

Monica M.
on 10/30/12 3:43 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

that's quite possible, LF. are you going to physio or anything?

Nanato2
on 10/30/12 4:44 am, edited 10/30/12 4:45 am - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

So sorry but at least now you know what happened. 

The symptoms you had sound very much like a stroke but I am not sure why when you had the MRI of your brain they didn't realize that what it was.

I seen in your previous post you stated you had issues then had been admitted in the hospital I assume where you lived then you flew to Toronto and during the flight the issue's with your eyesight began.  During the time you had your surgery and the time you went to Toronto not sure how active you had been so what might have happened is you may have had a blood clot or developed one on the flight and it may have caused a stroke. I am not a medical professional so don't take my word on it but I do know that after surgery if you are not active you can develop blood clots and you can also develop them when flying.

Hopefully they will get you to do some physiotherapy I know after my dad and mother in law had a stroke it help them.

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

Patm
on 10/30/12 5:44 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I hope it was only a small one and you get the help you need.

(deactivated member)
on 10/30/12 6:26 am

Sorry to hear about your health news.....here's to a speedy complete recovery and that you are better than you ever were!

ShallowGirl
on 10/30/12 8:25 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12

That's terrible !  Work hard at the rehab they suggest because the brain DOES remodel itself.  I wish you the best.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

newhope7
on 10/30/12 1:58 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/05/12

Don't give up. You have worked too long and too hard to give up now.

I am not trying to down play your stroke, It is a serious set back but you can fight back with good rehab.

Keep coming back to the forum for support.

Sending positive thoughts your way.

Michele 

Most Active
Recent Topics