No testing at all??

starry957
on 11/3/12 7:46 am

Though I'm happy about it, it "kind of" is weird to me that I have not been requested to have ANY testing at all pre-op.  Yes, I had some blood work done - but that is all.  I don't have any current medical conditions, but, from what I had understood, there are some standardized tests that are typically done.    Well....now I'm worried that they AREN'T worried........lol

Have others had this experience?  (I'm at St Joe's Toronto)

Kerry

January 8th, 2013 - VSG with Dr Paul Sullivan (St Joe's Toronto)

2mar
on 11/3/12 8:02 am
RNY on 09/20/12

I just had blood work - ECG (but I do have cardio issues) - chest X-ray - ( I am older) / so... it they only need your blood - go for it!!! Means that you are super duper healthy. Congrats. ;) Go for it!  Should be proud...

cutekatie
on 11/3/12 9:31 am
RNY on 05/16/12

i also had no tests whatsoever.  I saw Dr. Dent and then saw the behaviorist once and the dietician twice.  Saw the surgeon, had the surgery education class and then my pre op session. I have insulin resistance, PCOS, low iron, and high cholesterol (well low good cholesterol but same thing in terms of the ratio).

I worry every once in a while that I didn't get these tests done but I've had surgery and everything is fine.

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

Ottawa34
on 11/3/12 9:52 am - Ottawa, Canada

I had no testing pre-op either.  I had no pre existing medical conditions.  I saw the NUT and behaviorist and the APN, and had some routine blood work done.  I viewed it as a good thing along the way, this way there is nothing medically delaying your surgery :)

Good luck :)

Amy

Amy   
Submission for surgery -  October 2009            Info session - Jan 2010 
Nut & RN & behaviourist appt - Sept 2010          Follow up NUT appt - Jan 2011
Surg
eon appt - Jan 2011                                     RNY - March 4th, 2011 

CraigMacgregor
on 11/3/12 10:00 am

I'm hoping the same,  other than an umbilical hernia and sleep apnea I'm pretty healthy too.  Fingers crossed

Referral June 13 2012,     Meeting Dr Reed Sept 10/ 2012,    Orientation 9/20/12                            Nurse, SW Nut visit Nov 10/6/12    Post op class 1/22 /13   Surgeon appointment April 9/13  Surgery May30/2013

Kathleen101
on 11/3/12 10:46 am

I went to St Joes at Toronto on Oct 2 of this year......Pre op I had blood tests & ECG.............

Be Happy you are going in this with no problems!!!!

Best Of Luck

Is Dr Lindsay your Doc?

starry957
on 11/3/12 10:52 am

Nope - Dr Sullivan

January 8th, 2013 - VSG with Dr Paul Sullivan (St Joe's Toronto)

gardeninggal
on 11/3/12 12:18 pm - Midland, Canada

I too thought the same re the pre-op testing that others have posted about.  I had Dr. Lindsay at St. Joe's in Toronto, had my PATT's at that hospital and had an ECG, bloodwork, met with an RN, the anaesthesiologist, and was on my way a few hours later.  I figured I was in good shape for the shape I am in lol.  Count your lucky stars and best wishes to you....you are in great hands.angry

avivaps
on 11/3/12 1:52 pm
RNY on 02/28/12

Other than known sleep apnea for which I was already on treatment, I was otherwise healthy and other than bloodwork and an ECG did not have any other testing pre-op.  Came thru surgery with flying colours.  I hope the same for you.

Good luck,

Andrea.

RNY February 2012

starting BMI 40

mona8
on 11/3/12 2:05 pm - Kingston, Canada

Bloodwork, and ultra sound for me and that's all.  I asked the NP if, once I got to HRRH ( assessment through Kingston ), they would then require me to do the other pre-op testings that I read about on here.  I was told that each risk factor is scored according to the answers given on the questionaires and previous medical conditions.  Since I have no other risk factors/medical symptomology, but diabetes, none of the other tests were required.

Most Active
Recent Topics