Feet hurt!!

WLSoujourn
on 11/10/12 11:44 pm - Canada

Hey everyone...hope you are having a nice Sunday morning.

I have a quick question for those of you who have had your wls.  I am wondering if before your surgery you had sore feet, not from anything in particular...just sore feet from carrying around the excess weight.  And the second part of the question is did the weight loss help...  I imagine / hope this will be one of the benefits...my feet and ankles seem to ache all the time lately!!

Inquiring minds want to know!  

Ciao,

Kim

REFERRAL:   Sept 24/12    ORIENTATION LETTER: Nov 7/12  ORIENTATION: Dec 19/12 @ TWH   REQUEST TRANSFER  FROM TWH TO  HAMILTON:  Dec 21/12   CONFIRMATION OF TRANSFER TO HAM:  Jan 3/13  SW:  June 5/13     NUT:  June 5/13          NUT CLASS:  Aug 2013         MEET SURGEON:   Aug 2013         SURGERY DATE: Sept 20, 2013

(deactivated member)
on 11/11/12 12:02 am - Straford, Canada

My feet and knees hurt terribly, took condroitin/MSM/glucosamine and aspirin 650mgX6 per day for pain to keep moving.  My feet actually cracked every time I walked to the point where people thought my sneakers were making noise, but it was bones in my feet that were clicking.  I take nothing now other than the dictated supplements for WLS, my feet don't make any noise anymore and I save money every month (what we need to take is less expensive than what I used to have to take).  Just my experience. kiss

Beth1970
on 11/11/12 12:47 am - Canada
RNY on 10/11/12

I'm only 4 1/2 weeks out and my feet already feel better. I have Achilles tendonitis. My feet are still sore, but not near as bad. I'm cautiously optimistic that they'll feel even better as I lose more weight. 

onmom
on 11/11/12 1:25 am

Not so simple here. I had arthritis in my hip and feet and took meds for that before losing 117 pounds. My feet ached always even with the meds. Now I rarely take meds but my feet still ache sometimes as my activity level is so much higher.

In a week I typically weight train three times a week, run long distance walk, bike, hike, ice skate or roller blade two or three times a week with the kids plus swim three times a week for family swim. So my feet have a reason to complain.

Not sure if that helps.

I do love how active the family is becoming. My children have Tourettes and coordination disorders so I worked with their OT and PT therapists to develop an activity plan to replace going for conventional sessions. It is easier to fit these activities in to our homeschool day as part of their school work then attend a appointment at a clinic. Since we started this in Feb. (took two months off after surgery in May )  of last year my son has improved his coordination so much so that the Dr. at Chedoke no longer wants to see him yearly.

Patm
on 11/11/12 10:57 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

That is so fantastic that your success has so impacted your family. You must face so many challenges.

sam1am
on 11/11/12 4:41 am

Yes, I had sore feet and don't anymore!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Patm
on 11/11/12 5:41 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I am a little older than some of the people on here. I had bad knees, hips back and feet. Losing weight has helped a lot. I still have pain and take tylenol arthritis but I now walk faster and longer than before. I wish I had done this surgery before I did all the damage to my joints

(deactivated member)
on 11/11/12 7:24 am - Straford, Canada

How does the extended release tylenol treat you?  I had heard we couldn't absorb extended relief meds.  Just wondering if it would be better than regular tylenol?  

Patm
on 11/11/12 10:54 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I love the tylenol. I probably would not get out the door in the morning with out it. I have to walk to transit and I know if I do not take it. the walk would be a lot more painful. It still works after the surgery.

Most Active
Recent Topics