Told not to lose more weight??

P_Floyd
on 11/16/12 12:16 pm - Canada

Our learned friend the nurse must have had some reason behind her assessment. Any indication as to why she made such a suggestion when you feel yourself you have more to do? I wonder if there is a concern of getting things to stop and stabilize at your target weight?

Long you live and high you fly 
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry 
And all you touch and all you see 
Is all your life will ever be.

DSOTM

Cuter_w_Curves
on 11/16/12 1:58 pm - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

Um... ok...

Your body. Your weight. Your choice.

That said... If they estimate 10lbs for extra skin... If you are not tall... Another 20lbs like the last 3 months could be a problem.

See... There is only 16 lbs for a woman who is 5'1" between a BMI of 19 and a BMI of 22. Really... If you were 5'1" and lost 20 lbs you would be way under weight with the skin factored in, and with skin removal would supposedly be sitting around 20 for your BMI presently.

So... The rest of the equation counts.

You can not agree with her but I would go to see the dietician, and I would go to see the nurse in a month. There is typically a reason they want to see you succeed.

Please don't take this as me telling you to stop losing. Take it as me saying... Learn where they are coming from before you get upset with them. They want us healthy.

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

Tina72
on 11/16/12 9:24 pm

Thanks everyone

i will definately meet with the NUT and discuss things further.

Being healthy is the ultimate goal

Tina

Cuter_w_Curves
on 11/17/12 2:54 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

I am really glad Tina. You're right! Being healthy is the ultimate goal.

Best of luck with it.

Shell

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

Most Active
Recent Topics