looking for surgery buddies--my date is March 6

everlovingbobo
on 2/8/13 12:58 am - Canada

Hi everyone,

I am looking for friends who are having surgery around the time I am on March 6/13.  I am booked to have a RNY at TWH and I start Optifast on February 13/13 which is this Wednesday.

I am really hoping to be able to share experiences and anxieties with you.  I am scared and excited at the same time.  I imagine others feel the same.  I am happy to have the support of family and friends, but I really think that talking with people who are going through the same thing at the same time is very important and special.

Because of family and work obligations, I have been unable to get to the support group at TWH, but would still love to get some support.

Looking forward to hearing from you.  (OMG feels like a dating service--LOL)

Thanks

Hilary

Cuter_w_Curves
on 2/8/13 1:06 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

Hi Hilary,

Welcome to the forum... There are a number of wonderful people on the forum.

You may also want to know you will not be alone that day at TWH as you have a surgery twin. Same day... same hospital. Marneyhowes is also there that day.

I added you to the surgery list, and put in what you had included... If you click the link in my signature you can post any updates or changes.

Shell

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

everlovingbobo
on 2/8/13 3:54 am - Canada

Hi Shell

Thanks so much!  I am very grateful for your help.  I am new to OH--having some trouble figuring out how to add stuff like my appointments etc.  I will go to your link now.

Thanks again,

Hilary

Nanato2
on 2/8/13 1:34 am - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

It is great to have a surgery twin I have a surgery buddy who is having her surgery one day after mine but at TEGH and I am at TWH. She is only a lurker on the forum but we met at TWH support meeting. 

We both have been on Optifast for 3 weeks together and have been texting back and forth about how we are feeling and our anxious, fears about the surgery and we even had our last meal together well she got to have extra one because she is one day behind me. 

I also hope to get together with her this week-end because we do not live far from each other another great thing and next week when we have our surgeries I know she will be waiting to hear how I am doing and I will be waiting to hear how she is.

So if you can chat with your twin during the process makes it a lot easier.

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

everlovingbobo
on 2/8/13 3:56 am - Canada

Thank you so much for your reply.  I am interested in doing exactly what you are doing with someone!  I now know about the list and apparently there are some people on my date or close to it.  

Now going to find some twins and contact them.  I agree it is a great idea. 

Thanks again

Hilary

Most Active
Recent Topics