Psoraisis / Eczema - did it get better or worse after surgery?

Dar_Mab
on 12/10/12 9:17 pm - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

I am curious to know if any of you had psoraisis / eczema before surgery and whether it improved or got worse after surgery?

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

(deactivated member)
on 12/10/12 9:43 pm - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 05/25/12

I have eczema and so far its about the same

KathC
on 12/10/12 9:48 pm

So far the same for me as well.  This cold weather is just a terrible time for my psoraisis.

My second chance... November 15, 2012

Bonnie ABC
on 12/10/12 10:29 pm - Smiths Falls, Canada
RNY on 09/16/08 with

I had it bad.  Had surgery Sept 16th and sometime in October I remember being able to see my knees, and they were real knees, not knees covered in white scruff.   Then I looked at my hands, and they were hands again.   I hadn't noticed being so busy in the those first few weeks.   Even now, over four years later there is nothing.   I do have dry skin of the last two months but I've started a job where it's warm and dry, different than my woodstove heat at home. 

Bonnie

I can do hard things, life is teaching me that I can.
             Lost 222lbs with rny, 20 lbs regain.

Plastics, July 2010 with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey, Mexico
onmom
on 12/10/12 10:31 pm

at first it was worse. now 7 months out better. Dr explained fat is inflammatory as  you lose it releases hormones and other junk that make it worse. Then your body clears it and you do better. 

nata
on 12/11/12 12:34 am - Ottawa, Canada

I had pretty bad eczema at 2-3 years postop, on my right hand, only face could be "better", lol.

It wasn't there before wls, so for a while I attributed it to malabsorption. It's gone for now. I have not noticed when it disappeared..., but I seriously upped vitamin A last year, it might be related. Or maybe it was misdiagnosed and whatever it was, is just gone?

Nata, a very happy DSer!
Starting BMI - 62, current BMI - NORMAL!!!!!.

204 pounds lost!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics