So... Never thought I'd be asking THIS question

mermaidz
on 1/12/13 4:54 am - Brampton, Canada

but... most of the time I eat around 800 calories,, give or take 200.. sometimes as low as 600 but mostly  800.  Still keeping my eye on the protein and carbs mostly but..

Due to unforseen events, I don't exercise at all. Not even walking. Long story-short answer=pain

Losing weight still (that is to say clothes fitting baggier cuz I refuse to weigh myself)

How many calories AM I suppose to eat? round about? roughly?

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

Patm
on 1/12/13 5:13 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

That's a hard one. I think your nutritionist would be the best person to help you with that. I am sure you have tried what exercise you can do. When I was in a lot of pain the only thing I did was warm water aquafit.

mermaidz
on 1/12/13 5:20 am - Brampton, Canada

I'm going to try to swim but....it's purely hit and miss

Rny 4 months out.. I think DNA was my twin.. maybe GG

jewel-twin
on 1/12/13 5:43 am - Canada
Hope you dont mind me asking but what kind of pain? Can you do even basic stuff? Can you get help with the pain? I think 800 seems decent for your stage.

Family Dr. 06/05/2012    Referral Received 06/28/2012 Orientation 08/01/2012   NP 08/27/2012
SW 08/28/2012              Nut Class 08/27/2012
NUT 10/01/2012              PS 10/01/2012
Surgeon Dr. Cyriac 12/07/2012  **SURGERY  JAN 30, 2013**

fooh.png

mermaidz
on 1/12/13 8:57 am - Brampton, Canada

Hey Jewls.

I don't mind :) Chronic, constant and yes I can do narcotics. But narcotics are addictive and I get very stoned on them, making me gap, sleepy, confused.

Anti inflammatories really are the answer here says the girl with the RnY and major depression doesn't help so much either.

I think I will try the pool again but like Debra it takes me a while to get up and  down stairs. Meds don't work the same way anymore since the RnY.

birdiegirl
on 1/12/13 6:02 am

I am replying to you on this post....but I could have also replied to you on the RNY VS VSG post where you indicated 800-1000 calories the first year

Not sure where you got this info....I didnt see it in anywhere in the thread

I ate roughly 1000 calories the first 4 months or so.....1000 - 1200 by month 8 .....but by the end of the year I was up to a minimum of 1500 with many days each week at 1800.....I am a firm believer in shaking things up....and not training your body to lose on few calories

Calories arent whats important the first year....getting protein.....and water.....and avoiding simple carbs is.........

On the WAYE thead......I am trying to lose my small regain.....and I am not really working at it hard enough....as I start out with good intentions most days....but I have some days I eat way over 2000 calories .....so in balance my weight doesn't change much.....but even if its a day I have a treat....its a small treat and I still get my protein and water in....so please don't read my roughly 12-1500 calorie intake as normal....it is because I am trying to lose slowly...I can maintain at 1800 or higher, depending on activity

You have to eat.....if you try to starve yourself I believe you will make your maintenance more diffiuclt....but it is the choices you make that are also important.....still....protein first.....then veg...this is true in all wls......if you eat crap....then those are the results you should expect

You are smart not to weigh yourself too often.....just keep the mantra of protein- water - and a bit of the other stuff

Good luck

mermaidz
on 1/12/13 8:42 am - Brampton, Canada

I got the 800 from an article that Cuter had posted.. Actually it was a link about all 4 surgeries. I do read what you eat there Barb. It's sensible and healthy and I get great ideas from it.  I struggle honestly to stay at the 800 mark

Appreciate the feedback and I hope you're feeling better!! Thank you

birdiegirl
on 1/12/13 9:03 am

Gotcha.....I dont think you can go wrong if you begin each meal with protein....and basically eat it until you are full.....then a few bites of non essentials .....try not to obsess over calories right now......just eat your protein and drink your water.....I wouldnt worry about calories until you are well over a year post op

It sounds like you are doing great Mermaidz.......its so easy to second guess ourselves and compare to others......just try to eat....eat healthy....and move a bit if you can

ShallowGirl
on 1/12/13 6:32 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12

I think without weighing yourself you can't get an accurate answer on the calories.  You want to be losing at a certain rate, if you are,  your current calories are enough, if you are gaining, they are too much.  If you are losing a lot per week (and I know that's fun in the short term) AND building deficiencies then you are eating too little.  Personally - I would step on a scale.  Once a month does not make you a slave, it just is an objective measure on what's happening.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

birdiegirl
on 1/12/13 6:36 am

Great last sentence........"once a month does not make you a slave, it just is an objective measure on whats happening".....couldnt agree more.....

Most Active
Recent Topics