owwwwwwww

katzmeow13
on 1/20/13 8:55 pm

so in the hospital i was able to sleep on my back since i could raise the head of the bed. Last night I started out asleep on my right side... all was ok till I decided to roll over in the middle of the night to my left side

Holy Batman that hurt... I felt a pulling on the inside and may have given a little yelp of pain

There is a small bit of blood on both of the left incisions and it is quite tender today in every position and especially while moving, but overall I am glad to be back home and on the road to recovery.

HW:282      pre-opti W: 268       CW: 172.       SW:255.5

Surgery: RNY   Jan. 17, 2013   Dr Raiche   OTTAWA

(deactivated member)
on 1/20/13 9:04 pm - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

Glad your home, rest up, heal well. Big Hugs

Nathalie_Can
on 1/20/13 9:34 pm

ouch!  Welcome home!

Nathalie

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

SleeplessinAbitibi
on 1/20/13 10:01 pm - Canada
VSG on 10/23/12

I couldn't sleep on my right side for 2 months!!  Not sure why...I still get twinges every now and then when I turn on that side....get used to the left side for a while ;-)

Nathalie

“Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.” 

katzmeow13
on 1/20/13 10:54 pm

Actually it's my left side that hurts... And mostly the turning over to that side... When awake it's easy to remember, my problem was when I turned over in my sleep.

Patm
on 1/20/13 10:01 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Welcome home. Hopefully it will heal fast and you will be more comfortable

readytomoveon
on 1/20/13 10:12 pm - Canada

lol... I am totally feeling the same way you are... i slept great last night on my right side, but forget the left side it is a mess. It hurts 100 times more.  :( today my goal is to remember to get in everything i need to... waters no problem, but working in the protein is where i am at now. I was wondering ... before I left the nurse said I could try some strained soups... do you think its too soon? 

SURGERY DATE: JANUARY 18 2013 WITH DR. MAMAZZA

katzmeow13
on 1/20/13 10:58 pm

I had strained cream of chicken made with milk yesterday... Just a 1/3-1/2 cup, was fine...

i also did 8oz of chocolate Unjury protein with milk in the evening.... But it took me a long time to drink it and was sooooo ffully his am had the dry heaves post multi, so ended up taking 1/2 gravel

Gravol not gravel... Stupid iPad has spelling and correction iissues glad to hear you had a good night

mermaidz
on 1/20/13 10:43 pm - Brampton, Canada

Awww sweetie..I so hate hearing about people in pain

Grab a pillow and keep it near by you at all times but esp in bed.. pull it in towards your spine when you move. That will brace your tummy and hopefullly stop some of the pain.

If you want to sleep on your left side, put a pillow under your tummy ( as if you were pregnant and this is supporting the weight?)

When you get out of bed, roll to the side you're getting up from. You will be laying on your side.  PUsh up wit your arm and swing your legs over at the same time so that you can sit up.  That way you aren't using any of your tummy muscles to pull you up.

Good luck..and do drugs!

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

gimpymom
on 1/21/13 1:45 am

I hear you about the pain-mind you I had a stomach drain in but couldn't sleep on my right side either- so I flipped and slept head to foot of the bed- Hubby was quiet confused when he came to bed....lol but I was able to flip back in about a week or so---you gotta do what you gotta do....

Johanna

referral  Nov 23, 2011 orientation Dec 16   PATT Aug 9 OR DATE Aug. 20, 2012 ACHIEVED CLINIC GOAL Feb. 2013

Most Active
Recent Topics