STARTING TO PACK UP FOR MY SURGERY!

kerlanny
on 1/26/13 9:16 am - Canada
RNY on 01/29/13

I have packed all the essential toiletries that I think I will need.  I just have a few things I am unsure of.

Do the majority of you bring your own pjs/nighties or do you generally just wear the lovely hospital lingerie?

Also I am aware I need to bring any meds with me that I am currently on,  but do I have to bring my own vitamins with me or do they supply those for us.

Also I saw somewhere that St. Joe's Toronto has free WiFi.  Does anyone know if this is true.  I was hoping to bring a little tablet with me to pass the time while I lay awake for hours.  I can't sleep well in hospitals because I am a very light sleeper.  I'm going to bring a few suduko and puzzle books as well. 

Any other suggestions that I may have forgotten.

I am calm about the surgery so far but am stressing about the packing and making sure I have what I need here before I get home...

I am truly enjoying my super quiet peaceful weekend.  Just my puppy and I.  I feel like I am in heaven right now...

Thanks in advance, and I am sure you will hear from me before I go to begin my wonderful journey of finding myself.  I want to be the healthy happy confident person that is hiding within...

Carol Ann

On my journey to rescue the healthy and confident me that is hidden within!

TM-Doingitforme
on 1/26/13 9:26 am - Canada
Hi there, I was at a different hospital but I would recommend taking your vitamins, it makes the visit with the dietician much easier because she can see what you have and tell you how much to take when. Also, I took pictures with my phone of my protein powder and the nutritional panel on it and that helped as well without having to lug it in. I took clothes to change into but wasn't there long enough to wear them and with the bit of leakage around the incisions and from the heparin injections I didn't want to stain my own clothes. Hope this helps. Good luck and best wishes for an easy surgery and speedy recovery!

Referral: May 13, 2012 | Orientation: July 16, 2012 HRRH  | RN, RD & SW: August 24, 2012  |  Surgeon - Dr. Huynh: July 21, 2012  & November 22, 2012 |  Internist - Dr. Glazer: September 21, 2012 &  November 19, 2012 | RNY Surgery: January 23, 2013 (HRRH)

kerlanny
on 1/26/13 10:00 am - Canada
RNY on 01/29/13

Thank you,  I will do the same with my protein powder the thing is massive...

See you on the bench!

Thanks Again...

(deactivated member)
on 1/26/13 9:30 am - Straford, Canada

Keep anything that attaches to wifi close by, they can "walk off" quickly!  I know St Mike's had it but it never showed up under a wifi search, but once you had the password and name you could find it (first time my apple couldn't find a wifi that it was able to log into).  

Hospitals has johny shirts and robes  I used theirs, some folks prefer their own.  Victoria's Secret eat your heart out!  

I had to stop all my vitamins a few days before surgery and was only cleared to take them again upon discharge.  

Your puppy id going to love how active you will be!  My boys love my rny almost as much as I do!  Best wishes!  kiss

kerlanny
on 1/26/13 10:05 am - Canada
RNY on 01/29/13

Thank you, I forget how easily things tend to grow feet...  It's just a cheapie but even still I would like to hold onto it..  It helps while away the hours.

I had to stop vitamins two weeks prior.

Yeah I am sure Nemo  will love my RNY as well.  More walks and longer walks.  By the summer I will have him pooped out instead of him pooping me out.

katzmeow13
on 1/26/13 10:49 am

Slippers, spare underwear, moisturizer, and LipStuff... Don't forget the lipstuff

HW:282      pre-opti W: 268       CW: 172.       SW:255.5

Surgery: RNY   Jan. 17, 2013   Dr Raiche   OTTAWA

kerlanny
on 1/26/13 10:51 am - Canada
RNY on 01/29/13

Thank you

Check, check and check...

macrobug1
on 1/26/13 11:26 am

I packed my pj bottoms but could not wear them because the waist was too painful on the incisions.  My thick fleece robe was wonderful. 

Thick body butter was fantastic

Lip balm

I wish I had my own tea bags, boullion and SF Jello.  Because of food allergies all they brought me for 4 days was horrible tea and apple juice. 

Earplugs.  Essential.

KathC
on 1/26/13 8:14 pm

Good luck! You will do great! I did not bring vits or protein to the hospital. I started the vits when I got home and the hospital sent me protein with my "meals" try to pack light. Slippers for walking, lip chap and I ordered tv because I don't sleep we'll in hospitals either.  Your 2 or 3 days will pass in no time!

My second chance... November 15, 2012

Dreamalittledream
on 1/27/13 1:31 am - Canada

Great question!  Thanks for posting!

Ottawa ~Referral Mar 2011~Orientation Aug 2011~Meet w Nurse May 14, 2012~Dietician/Behav/Abdo Ultrasound July 5, 2012~Colonoscopy Aug 8, 2012~Dietician#2 Aug 30, 2012~Endoscopy Nov 9, 2012~Pre-op class Jan 2, 2013~ Meet w Surgeon Jan 8, 2013 ~Start Optifast Feb 15, 2013 ~Pre-Admit. Mar 6, 2013 ~SURGERY March 8, 2013 (RNY/ Dr.  Raiche)~Post-op Class/Follow-up appt. April 25, 2013

Most Active
Recent Topics