Plateau

kkcpgp
on 2/2/13 3:10 am - Amherstview , Canada
RNY on 10/09/12

I have hit a plateau and it is driving me crazy.  I have been finding lately that I am hungrier than I have been since surgery.  It scares me a little.  I am still listening to my body and eating slowly.  I do have trouble with eating with small sips.  I find that my mouth and throat get extrememly dry and I almost cant swallow.  It has been like this long before surgery as well, so I am taking a few small sips of water during my meals in order to avoid this issue.  Will this highly effect my weight loss?  I want to do whatever i can to get the weight coming off again but it just doesnt seem to be working.  I have started at the gym 4 nights/week as well doing 30 mins of cardio following by the 20 mins.  Fit-Fix routine at Goodlife fitness.  It has been going great.  I thought that maybe I had started gaining a little muscle that was why the scale wasnt moving as quickly, but havet found much in the way of inches lost either.  I have lost almost 60 lbs post op and the rest was lost pre-op on the opti diet.    Started at 305 was 288 day of surgery and my weekly Sunday weight in for the past three weeks hashad me at 230.  I am really happy with these results but I dont want to lose focus or be discouraged by this 3 week zero loss.   I did hit a plateau of 2 weeks at the 245 mark as well, but lost quickly again after that.  Are there certain points that one can "typically" expect to hit these plateaus?

Thanks for listening.

Orientation: Oct.2011       Jan. 2012 - offered transfer to Humber (accepted)
March. 9 - GBY Class      April 18 - Surgeon Consultation  May 15 - RD & SW  
May 28 - Nurse  May 28 - Dr. Glazier  2nd Surgeon (Opti/Setting a Date) - June 11 
PATT- Sept.11 Start Opti - Sept.18                     
Surgery Date - OCT.9

(deactivated member)
on 2/2/13 3:19 am - Straford, Canada

Can't answer re plateaus but I did discuss my need to take a small sip with some drier foods and the dietician said that was fine as long as I wasn't taking gulps or any amount that would wash the food through my system, thus making me hungrier quicker.  

Cuter_w_Curves
on 2/2/13 3:33 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

For drier foods... What about something like low sodium club house gravy (or something like it) also?

What protein sources are you eating?

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

Niki L.
on 2/2/13 4:13 am - Canada
RNY on 10/15/12
I just had a 4 week stall than dropped 6lbs iI hated it but iI think for most of us just part of it just keep on top of your water and cals and it will come off again soon all the best Niki

(deactivated member)
on 2/2/13 5:31 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

You are doing awesome. We had our surgery close together and you have done better than me. I know we not suppose to compare but you are doing great.

Plateaus are tough you start questioning what you are doing and eating etc.

As long as you are eating enough protein and tracking your food you will start to lose again. We all just need a little support and someone to say yes it will break eventually. 

Great job starting at with a gym program.

Most Active
Recent Topics