When the skin brings you unexpectedly down.....

pinkjellybean
on 2/9/13 9:44 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12

I've always been a pretty logical person.  I knew that I would never lose the amount of weight that I had to lose without dealing with the excess skin.  I prepared myself for it and quite honestly it hasn't bothered me as much as I thought it would. 

The last couple of days though I have been having physical symptoms from the skin that are just bugging the heck out of me!!  First....my belly button is keeping moisture/sweat inside of it because it is nestled in between the folds of the hanging skin (yup not pretty) but because of the moisture it is raw and uncomfortable...I have been using a cream my doctor gave me that is part hydrocortisone and part yeast reducing cream but it's not really making things better.  The other problem I am having is that my panni sort of hangs over my c-section scars and suddenly these two scars are frightfully itchy!  I just can't get relief!!  Lastly, my boobs are much smaller but still heavy and now that they  (haha) hang more than float...I am getting bad pains in my upper back between my shoulder blades.....even when wearing supportive undergarments! 

Has anyone had any remedies for these kinds of problems that have been helpful at all?

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

CanDoItFour
on 2/9/13 10:11 pm - Canada

Try a man's large cotton handkerchief folded into a triangular bandana, which you tuck under your panni and leave there all day -and use some of the cortisone cream too.  The itching is probably the first sign of a rash starting.  The handkerchief will absorb the perspiration which causes the discomfort, and you won't even notice it's there.  Just check it hasn't slipped after you use the bathroom.

Claire

momof4beautifulgirls
on 2/9/13 10:17 pm - Canada

I understand exactly what you are going through, you have described me to a tee.  I also use prescription cream from my doctor I also use corn starch under my boobs and stomach, it seems to keep the areas moisture free for a bit and it keeps the itching down.  This doesn't always work, but it does bring me some relief. 

PatXYZ
on 2/9/13 10:28 pm

Do you get massage benefits? Your doc would likely write you a prescription if you need it. I find massage to be really helpful for back pain, especially when I used to have huge breasts!

I had OHIP approved Duodenal Switch surgery with Dr. Dennis Hong at St. Joseph's Hamilton on March 7th, 2012. Want more information on the DS in Ontario? Send me a private message!
nicolepage5
on 2/9/13 10:35 pm - Stoney Creek, Canada
RNY on 02/11/13
Take pictures of any inflammation or redness! It will help down the road with getting the extra skin removed

Initial Referral: Feb. 17/12 - Orientation (St. Joe's): Oct 1/12 - Orientation (HRRH): Nov 26/12 - Meet Surgeon (Dr. Hagan): Nov 28/12 - Dietitian (Michelle): Nov 28/12 - SW (Jackie): Nov 28/12 - NP: Dec 20/12 - Bloodwork: Dec 20/12 - Medical Internist (Dr. Glazer): Jan 10/13 - Surgeon (Dr. Hagan): Jan 17/13 - Optifast: Jan 28/13 - Surgery: Feb11/13!!!

jewel-twin
on 2/9/13 10:49 pm - Canada
There is some powded called sunga powder! I buy it at sex shops..I'm not sure where else to get it! Out of shower dry really well and powder.

More so document everything with your dr! My sil got a breast reduction covered by ohip because of back pain and panni can be done through ohip!

Hope you feel better soon!

Family Dr. 06/05/2012    Referral Received 06/28/2012 Orientation 08/01/2012   NP 08/27/2012
SW 08/28/2012              Nut Class 08/27/2012
NUT 10/01/2012              PS 10/01/2012
Surgeon Dr. Cyriac 12/07/2012  **SURGERY  JAN 30, 2013**

fooh.png

Liv2ride63
on 2/9/13 10:54 pm - tweed, Canada

i have that problem with the pani area ,,the best solution i have found is  i use stick deodorant down there , works great , stops rashes and  that sweaty feeling ..as for the boob try a good sports bra

macrobug1
on 2/10/13 12:40 am

Sometimes applying some plain probiotic yogurt to the areas may help.  So may taking acidophyllus.  There is also a antifungal combipack with one pill and a small tube of cream that may help. 

Poe2004
on 2/10/13 12:57 am - Ottawa, Canada
For your pani and belly button I recommend using corn starch.

I get irritated belly button, especially in the summer. Dry your belly button with a q-tip, Then dust with corn starch (I use a large blush brush).

Same for the pani... dry it then add the cornstarch. I find it works better then any cream or medicated powder I've tried.

Zink cream. Like you use on babies can help too.

~Tammy

HW: 386 - RNY: 356.8 (14-Mar-2013) - CW: 238.6 (07-May-2014)  . . . GOAL: 199  

ShallowGirl
on 2/10/13 1:34 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12

Re back pain, you may qualify for breast reduction with OHIP I would try it.  That is the reason they approve it.

All I can say re other skin issues is clean & dry, wear cotton, and an antifungal.  I hope it clears up soon.  Again document for the panniculectomy.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

Most Active
Recent Topics