Struggling on Optifast--please help

everlovingbobo
on 2/14/13 8:00 am - Canada

I am day two of Optifast and I am struggling both with my hunger and with my brain.   Some of you out there seem to be doing ok at this stage. Am I crazy? Everyone says it will get better but I am finding that hard to believe. I am trying to continue with normal life but I am so anxious and foggy.  Feeling unsure as to whether I am strong enough to do this. And I've only been doing it for two days! Please help. 

Jessie0306
on 2/14/13 8:05 am - Aylmer, Canada
Eat as much broth remember.
(deactivated member)
on 2/14/13 8:15 am - Straford, Canada

Are you drinking four shakes a day plus tons of water?  And broth is permitted.  Not everyone is ready for the change this requires.  Do you need the change?  

aidan
on 2/14/13 8:16 am - Canada
Hi! So I am just finishing day eight and I do promise it gets better. Day three or four for me was heavenly (when your body) goes into ketosis. You ARE strong enough and you just have to do this....that's what I keep telling myself! I have 13 more days left and I have my eye on the goal. I felt the same as you did I promise. My saving grace is my sugar free jello. Good luck!

Aidan

jewel-twin
on 2/14/13 8:17 am - Canada

Its not easy.  its hard....you ARE strong enough.  you can and will do this.  promise it becomes status quo.  I struggled last weekend but you just have to keep your eye on the prize.  if you want to talk feel free to message me.

Family Dr. 06/05/2012    Referral Received 06/28/2012 Orientation 08/01/2012   NP 08/27/2012
SW 08/28/2012              Nut Class 08/27/2012
NUT 10/01/2012              PS 10/01/2012
Surgeon Dr. Cyriac 12/07/2012  **SURGERY  JAN 30, 2013**

fooh.png

Sunny123
on 2/14/13 8:19 am
RNY on 12/05/13

Hang tough booboo - you want to move forward and you will!  Keep your eye on the prize!

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

jellyfishattack
on 2/14/13 8:24 am - Canada
RNY on 03/11/13

I am starting my Optifast on Monday, so we can suffer together.  Of course I won't know how you feel until I'm on day two, but I'm sure it won't be fun, but we can do this!  I'm in Toronto, and can't have any veggies with the Opti.

I think you should look at it like this: "I did all my pre-op seminars, appointments, tests, exercised as much as I could, learned how to cook new, healthy appropriate meals for post-op, changed the times I ate, changed what I ate, changed how I ate, gave up caffeine, and I did all that with steely determination and I can do this, and get through this last challenge before my operation!  I am strong, I can do this!"

I am sure that if you had the determination to get through everything you already have, you can do the Opti.  Then, you'll never have to drink any more Opti in your life!

When I started exercising seriously, I put little reward stickers in my agenda and on my calendar.  That sounds very corny, but I like to count up all the '30 minute', '35 minute', and '40 minute' stickers.  You could try that, or maybe buy a dollar store calendar and cross off each day of Opti.  My MD suggested using stickers, just so you know it wasn't my idea. :D

Sending you hugs (((( ))))

Jenn.  :)

1st appointment - Feb. 23rd, 2012. RNY Dr Cyriac Mar. 11th, 2013.

jay_dee_767
on 2/14/13 8:31 am - Canada

Hey there I am on day 3 and let me tell you!! I am struggling but I just remember what is at the end of the journey health/life!!! What centre are you through? Humber allows 2 cups of greens and broths it does help....

Referral Recieved November 13/12  Orientation Nov.19/12 meet Dr.Klein and NUT Nov .26/12  , Meet the social worker and RN on Dec. 6/12 ,DR.Glazer Dec.13/12 Meet Dr.Klein and pick up optifast Jan.16th 2013 Patts Feb.19th,2013, Surgery March 5th,2013

willowraine
on 2/14/13 8:36 am - Guelph, Canada
RNY on 02/06/13
It's tough, very hard in fact but you can do this. I promise it will get better. It might not be great but soon the hunger will get a bit better, as will the head hunger. Make sure you are drinking all 4 shakes, lots of water, broth and decaf tea, that helped me a lot.

Referral Aug/11, transferred to HRRH May/12, Orientation July 4/12, Surgeon July 17/12,     RD, SW  Aug 3/12, RN Aug 22/12, Dr. Glazer/Sleep Study Sept/12, Surgeon Nov 2/12, 1st surgery date (cancelled due to to sickness) Dec 13/12, Re-scheduled for Feb 6/13

Caleighc
on 2/14/13 8:47 am - Canada

Humber River Regional Hospital Bariatric Unit allowed you to eat brocolli, cucumber, green pepper.  You could put vinegar or lemon on it as well as Optifast.  Hang in there, you can do this.  What kept me from not cheating was the fact they told us if they go in and the liver isn't in the shape they expect then they will pull out and not do the surgery.  It gets easier, trust me.  AND IT IS WORTH IT.

Most Active
Recent Topics