I'm a techno-peasant--problems uploading photos etc.

everlovingbobo
on 2/18/13 8:36 am - Canada

Can anyone tell me how to upload photos to my profile?  I have tried and I keep getting a message that says my file is too large.  I tried saving a smaller file to my desktop, but it was still too large.  I am definitely missing something.  PS. I am using a MAC computer.

Also, for those of you who have entered information into your profile that shows up at the bottom of your posts--such as surgery date, date of orientation etc--how did you do that? 

Maybe I am too old to figure this stuff out.  Also I don't use other forms of social networking--usually just texting and regular stuff like that.

Maybe it is the carb fog I am still in.  On day 6 of Optifast.......trying to hang on.

Thanks a lot.

jewel-twin
on 2/18/13 10:46 am - Canada

Its absolutely not user friendly.   for the ticker you have to go to profile and just under where the avitar goes you will see an option to customize.  Once in there you will see all kinds of options and tabs.   Click on each any you will see what you can and can not change....the one your looking for i hink is under the tab for forum....  

As far as the pics.  I always open a paint screen copy and paste the pic and then in the paint screen shrink the pic big time!

Juls

Family Dr. 06/05/2012    Referral Received 06/28/2012 Orientation 08/01/2012   NP 08/27/2012
SW 08/28/2012              Nut Class 08/27/2012
NUT 10/01/2012              PS 10/01/2012
Surgeon Dr. Cyriac 12/07/2012  **SURGERY  JAN 30, 2013**

fooh.png

jellyfishattack
on 2/18/13 10:53 am - Canada
RNY on 03/11/13

Hi,

I don't know why you're having trouble uploading photos.  I downloaded photos from my Facebook account to my PC and then uploaded them to OH.  I think FB shrinks them for you, and I was lazy because the original files were on an external hard drive or a flash drive that weren't connected/at hand.

Adding a signature was easy - after I took ages to figure it out.   First, click on "My Account".  When the drop down menu appears, click on "Settings".  A new page appears and there's a tab to the right of the line of tabs that says, "Message Board".  Click on it and now you can write anything in the signature box.  Don't forget to click the small box underneath, which says "Enable My Signature".  The box is small, but just below the signature box.  I think that if you have a weight loss ticker, etc., it automatically adds itself to your signature box, and to your signature.

Jenn.  :)

1st appointment - Feb. 23rd, 2012. RNY Dr Cyriac Mar. 11th, 2013.

Most Active
Recent Topics