Help!

Laura H.
on 2/23/13 4:09 am - Canada

I don't know where to turn.  I have been in a funk that last few weeks.  I am only 5 months out.  My weight loss has sucked and I feel like I am eating too much.  I have between 800 and 850 calories a day.  80 G of protein (due to advice from dietician), 40 - 50 G Net Carbs.  I can eat my meals in 20 minutes and that is with chewing really good.  I am so scared that I am doing something wrong or maybe I am finding this so easy that I feel like I am doing something wrong.  February is a bad month for my depression.  Nothing bothers my pouch and that petrifies me too.  I have not lost as much weight as others but I have not been able to exercise due to a very low blood pressure.  I am seeing Dr. Glazier for that in the next 2 weeks.  Neither my surgeon or family doctor can figure out  why it is so dangerously low.  I have not passed out yet but have come close several times.  I guess I just  need reassurance.  I don't know I am soooo confused.  :(

Laura H.

Diminishing Dawn
on 2/23/13 4:21 am - Windsor, Canada

You are doing wonderful things.  Please get out into the sunshine on sunny days and walk.  That may help you.  It's hard to feel happy on the gray days of winter!

Us slower losers need to stick together. Don't let the numbers bring you down!  I got there and you will too! Trust me, spring will be better. Until then, please take care of you!

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Laura H.
on 2/23/13 5:39 am - Canada

Thank you Dawn.  I have read your blog and the book you recommended.  We will stick together and the weight will come off.  Unfortunately I cannot walk outside due to doctors orders.  He is afraid I will faint and hurt myself.  I live in the Bruce Peninsula and all of our roads are icy in the winter.  On a good day, the plow comes by once to clear the road.

Laura H.

gimpymom
on 2/23/13 4:25 am

Relax sand follow the program and the weight will come off--it also depends on how much weight you have to lose-for eg. my girlfriend and I did this whole process together- she had to lose more that I did- we had surgery on the same day-she lost 24 lbs on opti and I lost 12, we are now 6 months post op and she has lost 101 lbs and I have lost 69- we are both doing very well and are pleased with our progress- don`t get discouraged as your body adjusts- as long as you are still going down everything is fine- I suspect it will take me the full year or more to reach goal - cuz I can`t exercise as much as my friend does. I have had many weeks wilth no loss but also no gain--so just keep on keepin`on and this surgery will work for you!!

Good luck with the low blood presure I hope they get to the bottom of it faat...

Take care my friend

Johanna

referral  Nov 23, 2011 orientation Dec 16   PATT Aug 9 OR DATE Aug. 20, 2012 ACHIEVED CLINIC GOAL Feb. 2013

Laura H.
on 2/23/13 5:40 am - Canada

Thank you for your kind words and the comparison.  I try not to compare myself to others but it is  hard.

Laura H.

4-Jane
on 2/23/13 5:15 am - Canada

As helpful as this forum is it can also be difficult.  I read about people getting surgery dates that have not waited nearly as long as me and I cannot begin to understand how it might feel to not have the same magically numbers or NSV to share.  But it's become really important for me to stop comparing myself to others to learn that my journey will be my own with my start date. I'm sorry to hear that your blood pressure is so low I hope they get it sorted out as no energy is not a happy place to be.  I have read that slower weight loss is much healthier and can result in less excess skin.  Hey, I'm still waiting so really only know that for me when I compare myself to other I feel less than or cheated so am trying to change the way I use this forum.  I hope you feel better soon

Respectfully Jane
Laura H.
on 2/23/13 5:42 am - Canada

Thank you.  I  hope you get your date soon.  I know the wait is hard.

Laura H.

Nanato2
on 2/23/13 5:26 am - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

Laura

You are doing great eating 800 -850 calories is really good. Looking at your ticker it seems you are doing great in your weight lose too.

Everyone looses differently so don't judge yourself by others you seem to be doing very good from what I can see.

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

Laura H.
on 2/23/13 5:42 am - Canada

Thank you.  I am just really depressed right now. This too shall pass.

Laura H.

Nanato2
on 2/23/13 5:56 am - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

This time of year is very hard for depression. Maybe you need to do something nice for yourself.

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

Most Active
Recent Topics