YAY MEEEEEEEEEE

moniquesgettingft
on 3/5/13 11:46 am - Scarborough Ontario, Canada

I'm so excited I'm going to burst!..Well maybe not burst but close enough. Tomorrow morning bright and early I am seeing the SW,NUT and RN. Then at 1;45 I see Dr. Huynh for my surgery date and pick up of Optifast (providing all goes well!!)

I am over ready, I've researched every night and days at times since I was given my orientation date. I have logged my food intake to the 1-2 extra bites of a hot dog or bite of an extra piece of homemade banana bread for the last 2 1/2 weeks ( was only asked for 3 days worth). Purchased some B12 vitamin disolvable strips and chewable calcium. Compared protein powders and took pictures of the brand and nutrition labels for questions regarding the best ones. Bought more than a dozen sample pkgs of different high protein low carb, low- no cal shakes.

Have my questions written down and my booklet that I have been writting in daily about how i feel about myself, what I am doing and how my life will change in the positive ways. Plus also the different ways things can go wrong and how to try and build up my will power to go on when my support units might be not available at the moment I might need them.

Hoping tomorrow will be day I find out my surgery date for the most life altering event that will happen to me other than  me having my two amazing children who are 18-14.

My surgery is going to be at Humber River and can not wait!!!

I will fill you all in tomorrow night as to what I find out.

MuskokaMom
on 3/5/13 12:09 pm

Yay for you!  Looking forward to hearing how things go tomorrow. Glad to know this is for you!  

Elaine. 

Amanda F.
on 3/5/13 12:11 pm - Toronto, Canada
VSG on 01/10/13

Best of luck at your appointments!

Referral to Bariatric Program at TWH: 08/09/11     Orientation at TWH: 08/17/11                 Nurse Practitioner: 10/12/11
Social Worker: 12/02/11                                         Nutrition Class: 12/21/11                         Nutrition Assessment: 01/26/12
Psycho-Social Assessment: 05/31/12                      Meet Dr. Penner (TWH) 11/30/12            Pre-Admission: 12/10/12

Surgery Date: January 10, 2013
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

For more information on the Midtown Toronto Walking Club, please click here.

Onward and
Downward

on 3/5/13 3:35 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Good for you - congratulations!  Hope everything goes well tomorrow!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

JJ_
on 3/5/13 6:43 pm

No wonder you are excited!  I had to wait three months from meeting with the behaviourist, nutritionist and internist before i met with the surgeon.  All the best today.

Judy

moniquesgettingft
on 3/5/13 7:41 pm - Scarborough Ontario, Canada
My orientation was in January then dr. Huynh a week later. February dr. Glazier ,heart ultrasound following day. Had a sleep ap test done a week before this process started. The day with Dr. Glazier he gave me the ok to book with Dr. Huynh for surgery. Did that and lucked out to get one the same day I have the SW, NUT, RN and that's today!
Yes I am very happy!
Thanks for the well wishes everyone and I will touch base later .. Off to the appointments 6:41 am
2mar
on 3/5/13 8:24 pm
RNY on 09/20/12

wow girl!!!!! You are READY! angry

congrats on all that wonderful prep work (physically and mentally) - just wonderful

Hope you will get your opti today and that you will get d date. HRRH is a wonderful hospital with a great team

Best of luck!

moniquesgettingft
on 3/5/13 9:11 pm - Scarborough Ontario, Canada
Thank you.. Yes I've tried to prepare as much as I possibly could.
I'm sitting now in the waiting area waiting on being called in for the first of my 3 appointments. SUPPER excited!!!!!
ToNewBeginnings
on 3/5/13 9:17 pm

YAY YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

moniquesgettingft
on 3/5/13 10:36 pm - Scarborough Ontario, Canada
Wooooo hooooo 2 appointments down one last one to go!!! Got the ok from two now just one more to go and off to gets my PATTS done then to Dr. Huynh!!

Yippieeeeeee
Most Active
Recent Topics