Protein

finaly4me79
on 3/12/13 5:41 am

So I picked up some protein powder today from the GNC store. It was not to cheap but I got some vitamins in powder form there as well. I think I will be set for after surgery. Now don't get me wrong I only bought one each cause I know people have said out here how much their tastes change after surgery. Anyhow got home thought I would try it and OMG it tastes just like the chocolate Optifast. Now my question to you guys is can I use the same other flavors in this shake as I can my optifast???? I haven't even started my optifast yet (9 days to go)  but they had us try it in a class, I don't know if I can handle two weeks of optifast and then how ever long for the protein shakes ewwwwww.devil lol . The protein shakes have 60g of protein in each shake so at least you need only one.

IM NOT LOSING WEIGHT.IM GETTING RID OF IT. AND I HAVE NO INTENTION OF FINDING IT AGAIN.

Diminishing Dawn
on 3/12/13 5:44 am - Windsor, Canada

Which one did you get?

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

finaly4me79
on 3/12/13 6:05 am

Sorry guys the protein stuff is amplified wheybolic extreme 60. comes in double chocolate, vanilla,strawberry and cookies and cream and the powder multivitamin is woman`s ultra mega maximum nutrition it comes in strawberry, chocolate and vanilla.you can get it for men aswell.  I bought both in chocolate

(deactivated member)
on 3/12/13 7:01 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

It takes 3 scoops to give you 60 grams so I'd be using 1.5 scoops at a time max so you aren't trying to take in that much protein at once.  You can doctor up shakes after surgery just like you do on Optifast but you can also add in fruit if you like to change it up and you can mix with milk or water.

(deactivated member)
on 3/12/13 7:58 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

I agree with Tracey, You would not want to do 60 grams of protein at one time.  1-1/2 scoops would be the most at one time.

Patm
on 3/12/13 8:22 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

If you do not like it take it back. GNC will refund for powders you do not like.

finaly4me79
on 3/12/13 9:07 am

Thanks everyone I did know not to take it all at once I broke it up into two shakes. Great to know that GNC will take back if I don't like it too.

Most Active
Recent Topics