Optifast

finaly4me79
on 3/16/13 1:33 pm

Well I really thought that my last month before surgery would of went by so fast after waiting a year to get this far. It did not go fast at all, it has been so slow I mean even a turtle could out run this month. I have just over 2 weeks lift and start my optifast on Thursday. My question for all of my Ontario friends is while on optifast did your time seem to be slow cause you had to drink it over an over again or did it fly by since it is close you can feel it?????

IM NOT LOSING WEIGHT.IM GETTING RID OF IT. AND I HAVE NO INTENTION OF FINDING IT AGAIN.

jellyfishattack
on 3/16/13 1:38 pm - Canada
RNY on 03/11/13

Honestly, time seemed to fly until I started the Opti, then for those 3 weeks time seemed to crawl more and more slowly.  I think it's a pretty normal reaction.

Jenn. :)

1st appointment - Feb. 23rd, 2012. RNY Dr Cyriac Mar. 11th, 2013.

time2changeme
on 3/16/13 1:38 pm

I was on optifast for 6 weeks and I found the first few weeks dragged on, but it was so nice to never wonder what I was having for my meals!  The last 2 weeks went by fast, and I enjoyed the chocolate.  I actually miss it.

Wishing you all the best on your journey!

JJ_
on 3/16/13 2:24 pm

I was on Opti for 3 weeks.  Once I started it, I had my list of things to accomplish before surgery.  Between working and spending so much time in the bathroom, time did not slow down.  Then it was the last weekend before surgery (had surgery Monday morning at 8 a.m.). 

All the best for surgery day.

Judy

Dar_Mab
on 3/16/13 8:36 pm - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

Time went by fast for me while on 2 weeks Opti.  Mostly because I was hugely busy at work preparing for being off and finishing up assignments,  house hunting with my son, and my volleyball season and tons of stuff I needed to get done at home.    The trick is to remain busy and not think about it!   Good luck... really... it will be here before you know it!

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

jewel-twin
on 3/16/13 11:33 pm - Canada
Time went really fast for me!

Family Dr. 06/05/2012    Referral Received 06/28/2012 Orientation 08/01/2012   NP 08/27/2012
SW 08/28/2012              Nut Class 08/27/2012
NUT 10/01/2012              PS 10/01/2012
Surgeon Dr. Cyriac 12/07/2012  **SURGERY  JAN 30, 2013**

fooh.png

mona8
on 3/17/13 12:17 am - Kingston, Canada
I'm finding that time is flying, I also start Opti on Thursday ( as long as Dr. Glazier gives me a green light tomorrow! ). One of my BFF's had surgery last April and, because I was so worried that I would hate the taste of Opti so much as I thought it would be sickly sweet, she gave me a day's worth to try. I did so about a month ago and was plesently surprised, I liked the taste, I found it really filling, and I LOVED not having to think about what to eat for that 1 day. I know it was just 1 day and I was able to go back to normal eating the following day, but it was encouraging none the less. The only problem that I encountered was that my blood sugar dropped to 4.3 by about 3 in the afternoon. I'm told that 4.3 isn't terribly low, but I discovered the low when my vision became blurred and stayed blurred until I checked my BS and then drank some juice and my vision restored. I know I'm going to need to be hypervigilant about checking my BS once I start the 2 weeks on Thursday, and have been advised to eat a tsp of sugar if it drops again......that I look far less forward to than the Opti itself...YUCK!
You'll do great, and the 2 weeks will fly by ......I'm so glad that you decided not to postpone!!

Ref- Aug 2011, Orient ( OWMC )- Nov 11, Transfer to Kingston- May 12, NP, DT,SW,H-pylori ( neg ), BW, Ab US,- Jul 12, NP return Aug 12 ( HBA1C 8.2 ), started insulin - Sept 12, Diabetic Opti Clinic-Jan 11 13 ( HBA1C 7.0 ), pre-op class- Feb 6 13, Surgeon Feb 22 2013 ( Dr. Hagen HRRH ), Dr. Glazier March 18 2013, PATTS Mar 12 2013, Opti Mar 21 2013 Surgery April 4 2013.

Moselle
on 3/17/13 12:31 am - Athens, Canada

I did 3 weeks of Opti over the Christmas holidays so I was definitely busy with holidays gatherings. I personally didn't avoid the gatherings or the meals, I just drank my shake while others ate and was content with the conversations.  I found that I was so excited to embark on my journey that the time went quickly.

I hope that you are one of the lucky ones, like me, that doesn't hate the taste of Opti. All the best for your journey.  Muriel

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." -Robert Collier
Join Kingston Ontario WLS Support Group - Online @ OH 

HW: 267         SW: 248       GW:155       LW: 132      CW: 143-148      

starry957
on 3/17/13 5:54 am

It crawled...I was starving the entire time and it was right over the Christmas/New Year's season.....really sucked...glad it's over!

January 8th, 2013 - VSG with Dr Paul Sullivan (St Joe's Toronto)

Most Active
Recent Topics