Success with emailing the registry and a few questions about next steps...

RenaDawn
on 4/3/13 12:15 am, edited 4/3/13 2:21 am - Canada

I just wanted to share that I took every ones advice about emailing the registry to ensure they received my file and I was pleasantly surprised! I emailed yesterday morning  at 11:30 am (exactly 2 weeks since I went to my GP to ask for the referral) and I got a lovely email reply 4 hours later saying that they received it and forwarded it to the Windsor center!

I'm wondering now what I should do next. The email said someone from Windsor center will be contacting me for my first appointment. From what I understand I should be getting a letter or phone call for my orientation date. Should I be calling the Windsor center now just to make sure they received my file and see if I could get an earlier date? How often do they have the orientations? Is it monthly or weekly?

I also have a question about surgery in Guelph. I know I will be doing all my pre-op appointments in Windsor and I was told Guelph has a zero weight gain tolerance. So lets say I do gain weight as I go through my pre-op appts. in Windsor (not that I plan on doing that, this is strictly hypothetical), would they then see that in my file when I go to Guelph for surgery and possibly delay me? Or is the zero-weight gain policy for people who are actually having all their pre-op appts at the Guelph center? I hope that makes sense. I'm still trying to figure out if I want to go to Guelph or TO for surgery.

Thanks in advance for your help!

*edited for clarity

Orientation June, 2013. Surgery May, 2014 at TWH with Dr. Jackson.
HW - 296  SW - 278 CW - 214

Nicole B.
on 4/3/13 12:39 am - Canada

There isn't a 'zero weight gain tolerance' as you've probably been told in the past.  They are very understanding and understand that your weight WILL fluctuate. I went up and down 7 pounds throughout my appointments and as long as I was accountable and knew and was able to explain it, they were understanding as well.  Every case is different, they're not going to throw your file to the wind because of a few pounds... if we could do it all on our own we wouldn't be here right?!

Good luck with the journey ahead.... and it's awesome to hear that the process is under way for you!!

Referral: April 2011 to GGH Info: 12/6/14 Nurse: 12/8/17SW: 12/8/17  Diet/Nut: 12/8/17 2nd Nurse: 12/10/4  2nd SW: 12/10/4  2nd Diet/Nut: 12/10/4  Internist: 12/10/12  3rd SW: 12/10/26  3rd Diet/Nut: 12/10/26  Nutrition Class: 12/11/27  Surgeon: 13/2/7 Opti Fast: 13/2/18 Pre-Op: 13/2/28  Surgery Date: 13/3/5 Dr Pereira-Hong

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

maryottawa
on 4/3/13 1:34 am - Canada
You need to make changes before surgery. Somebody will explain you in yours appointments. in my case was taking breatfast every day, no more soda and no more chocolate. and others more changes during the process I gain weight, the nurse told me very clearly that if i gain more weight and not suspending my case surgery for me. I think it's important to start the changes before surgery. you have to start eating healthier since before surgery. good luck

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

tbtilalaf
on 4/3/13 6:05 am

Yep you do need to change bad habits like drinking pop (regular or diet) as that is a no no after surgery. I had my surgery in guelph and that is not true about "zero" toloarance.  Everybody weight moves up and down all the time.  You can weight yourself in the morning  and than again at night, and gain 2 -3 pounds, or even go down.  I watch my weight ever since surgery and i alway move 1 - 2 pounds up from my weight.  It doesn't mean anything, you retain water and also with food in your stomach, well it weighs something... I did gain weight during my waiting time, about 5 pounds or so.  Now don't go and gain like 15 or more they may question that.  If you follow what you are supposed to do than you will be fine.  Good luck with your surgery!!

Melissa!

Surgery was July 19 2012, and I am doing great!! Only one regret....wish I did this years ago!!!!

PROUD MEMBER OF THE CENTURY CLUB!

JJ_
on 4/3/13 10:15 am

Good for you in advocating for yourself.  If you are able to travel to T.O. for surgery, then it should be speedier to a surgery date. 

Judy

RenaDawn
on 4/4/13 1:00 am - Canada

Thank you to everyone *****sponded!

Orientation June, 2013. Surgery May, 2014 at TWH with Dr. Jackson.
HW - 296  SW - 278 CW - 214

Most Active
Recent Topics