Finally Have My Meet The Surgeon Date

Charlene Straus
on 4/9/13 10:01 am - Mississauga, Canada

I believe, that sometimes God knows just when to intervene to help in difficult times. I've had to go off of my arthritis medication, because, post op, it could cause bleeding. I've been off of it for about 3 weeks, now, and each day becomes more and more painful. Ï'm told I can take all things Tylenol. It would be great if it worked, but it barely takes the edge off. I was so about to break down and cry, today, when my phone went off! And of course, I was in the bathroom, at work. Never fails. I can be at my desk for hours at a time, but the minute I go in to use the facilities, it will be an important call. I hesitated answering as the call display showed unknown caller. I toughed it out, answered it and apologized to the unknown caller, on the other end, as I was about to flush the toilet,, figuring if it was a telemarketer, I wouldn't care, but it was most likely one of my grown kids. Surprise! It was TWH calling with my appointment to meet Dr Cyriac. The sound of that sweet girl's voice was like God saying, "Not much longer. You can do it.. Hang in there." May 10th cannot come soon enough. I'm terrified to have the surgery, but I know, as each day passes, I will continue to feel better, with each pound lost. 

jewel-twin
on 4/9/13 10:33 am - Canada

crap i wrote out a long response and OH ate it...

Dr Cyriac is AMAZING you wont be disapointed... he is attentive, and friendly and a wickedly good surgeon.... I would let him work on me anytime ever!!

:)  you are almost there my friend... it is soooo worth the journey.

Family Dr. 06/05/2012    Referral Received 06/28/2012 Orientation 08/01/2012   NP 08/27/2012
SW 08/28/2012              Nut Class 08/27/2012
NUT 10/01/2012              PS 10/01/2012
Surgeon Dr. Cyriac 12/07/2012  **SURGERY  JAN 30, 2013**

fooh.png

Charlene Straus
on 4/9/13 9:45 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Thanks Jewel, for your response. Reading your kind words, regarding Dr Cyriac, has helped ease some of the anxiety.

Michele T.
on 4/10/13 1:53 am - Canada

Hi,

Just joined this group - I just had my first orientation with TWH and the Bariatric Registry.  Question for you.  How long was it from when you had your orientation to a schedule surgery?

Thanks!

Charlene Straus
on 4/10/13 9:48 am - Mississauga, Canada

Hi Mick. my  orientation was in October 2012 and I have, since, seen the Nutritionist, Nurse Practitioner, Social Worker, Psychologist and Dietician. May 10th is my meet the surgeon and from what I understand, I will then order my protein shakes and get my surgery date. 

Most Active
Recent Topics