What's with the phone call from the clinic??????

smallisland
on 5/15/13 4:37 pm, edited 5/15/13 4:42 pm - Canada
VSG on 10/30/13

Well, here I am.  Seen the Nut, SW, RN and internist and they all said they didn't see any reason that I couldn't have the surgery.  Then they took my chart to the rounds meeting to decide who will be doing the surgery.  Well, I get a phone call today and it wasn't about booking for the surgeon or post-op class.  All of a sudden the SW wants me to see her again  next week to discuss the review of my case.   I don't understand why they wouldn't give me the surgery after everyone said it was a go.  So I am going next Wednesday wondering if they are going to tell me I am not viable for the procedure.  The waiting really sucks.  I could call the SW but I don't want to get upset on the phone if she tells me it's a no.  Say lots of prayers for me...seems like I am going to need them.  I've been waiting for 16 months and now this???!!!

Anyone else have this happen? 

Referral Feb 2012, Orientation at Guelph Nov. 29/12, RN, SW and NUT Feb. 13/12, 2nd RN, SW and NUT April 26/13, Dr. Agarwal May 7/13, SW May 22/13. HW 334lbs, CW 269 lbs. Post-op nutrition course August 1/13, Dr. Jules Foute Nelong Sept 9/13, PATTS Oct 9/13, Opti Oct 16/13, Surgery Oct 30/13.

funnelcloud
on 5/15/13 5:00 pm

I have felt those anxious feelings of waiting and wondering... it took me 2 years before I finally got the okay for surgery.  I  don't remember seeing a SW  but they said i did?   I saw the behaviorist, dietitician and APN  at least 4 times.

I ran into delay after delay...   I had to have my teeth out... so delay on the Gastroscopy... then they wanted to do 2 more gastroscopies ...but they forgot me.. over the summer.  I finally had scopes and they cauterized (burnt) the bleeding veins I had in my stomach.   Then again they forgot about me and i waited 2 1/2 mths   then I had to wait to see the surgeon.

My anxiety was through the roof... so You are NOT alone in your wait.   They are very bsy but they are very thorough...making sure you can mentally make the adjustment, medically (physically handle the process including surgery).... and the cost.

GOD BLESS

Funnecloud (Barb)

GOOD LUCK

TanyaLH
on 5/15/13 6:10 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

I am saying prayers for you.

That is nerve racking for sure. Breathe and try not to worry too much.

Tanya

Onward and
Downward

on 5/15/13 9:03 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

That's a nail-biter for sure.  I personally would call them and try and find something out, so that I wouldn't suffer through the whole long weekend not knowing anything, but that's me.  But they might not tell you on the phone anyhow.

Good luck next week and please keep us posted.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Lizzie54
on 5/15/13 9:32 pm - Canada

Please be positive about this.  When i went through the program, the same was said to me, and then i got a call from the pyscharist (?) to come see her again.  I was a little concerned but after i met with her, it had to do with the aftercare as soon as i get out of the hospital..Once we resolved what the problem was, it was a non-issue and on I went for surgery.

Did they tell you that you weren't getting the surgery?

Keep positive about this!

Liz

Liz   

smallisland
on 5/15/13 11:20 pm - Canada
VSG on 10/30/13

Well, this morning I got up and confirmed the appointment with the clinic for next Wednesday.  I then had the opportunity to speak with the social worker and she said the surgery is still a go.  They surgeons just had some things they wanted the social worker to talk to me about before the surgery.  The prayers worked laugh  Thank you all for the encouragement to stay positive! 

Referral Feb 2012, Orientation at Guelph Nov. 29/12, RN, SW and NUT Feb. 13/12, 2nd RN, SW and NUT April 26/13, Dr. Agarwal May 7/13, SW May 22/13. HW 334lbs, CW 269 lbs. Post-op nutrition course August 1/13, Dr. Jules Foute Nelong Sept 9/13, PATTS Oct 9/13, Opti Oct 16/13, Surgery Oct 30/13.

Most Active
Recent Topics