My water issue is 98% sorted out! Woo!

Elektra_Kat
on 8/3/13 10:37 pm
RNY on 06/26/13

I had been having a wicked time trying to find water that didn't hurt my new wee belly. After much experimentation I have found something that works for me:

The first necessary component is a stainless steel double-wall insulated cup. Mine is made by Bubba. It is guaranteed for life, and promises to keep cold liquids cold for 24 hours, or hot liquids hot for 8 hours. I can attest that when a drink is left overnight, there is still ice in the cup in the morning.

The next thing I do is fill it as much as I can with ice.

Then I pour in G2. Both the lemon-lime and the grape sit well with me, but *only* if they are super cold. If I'm using any other cup, once the ice starts to melt, I start to cramp when I drink. So the good insulated cup is key for me.

Honestly I'd prefer to not take in so much sodium, but it's an enormous victory for me to be able to ge****er in, so I'll take what I can get. I'm still a bit hesitant to try regular water with loads of ice, but I may give it a try today. The cramping for so many days in a row has left me feeling "once bitten, twice shy" or whatever the saying is.

So there you have it: my ringing endorsement for Bubba products and lots of ice. And G2, too.

aidan
on 8/3/13 11:51 pm - Canada
So happy you have found something that works. I have hear of others who have the same problems with liquid as you do and it sounds awful. Good luck with the ice water too!

truckingbride
on 8/4/13 2:45 pm - Harriston , Canada

Anything cold one year later still makes my pouch ache... ice cold anything makes me shiver congrats on drinking something cold...and finding something that works. enlightened

Most Active
Recent Topics