the runs

reenie33
on 9/23/13 8:37 am

I am 9 weeks post op, and it dosent seem to matter what I eat or drink, although I do watch sugar and carb,. I seem to be in this purpetual running to the toilet. Before surgery I would go 4-5 days without a bm. Now I sit and it flys, or its discolored like grey, not normal

Leslie W.
on 9/23/13 9:52 am - Cobourg, Canada

Malabsorbtionn at it's best! With rerouting we process what we eat very differently. As well our fiber intake is much lower which causes less bulk. As you are able to increase fiber it should help. You may want to check with your Dietician re adding more fiber. Just ensure you drink more as you don't want to end up the other way. Your Dietician is the best one to help at this point.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
merry1
on 9/23/13 10:59 am - Canada

I am about 15 weeks from my surgery and I had the runs almost every day in the morning only though.  My nutritionist said to stop taking milk (she said yogurt and cheese were okay) and I recently started taking probiotics at night before bedtime.  So the last few days have been much better.  I was told we become lactose intolerant after the surgery.  Mine was, as you say, not normal too and I had to be real careful about it.  Hope that helps!

Most Active
Recent Topics