Surgery this week

m1randa55
on 2/24/14 10:41 am - Brantford, Canada

Hello my OH friends - I went for my pre op at St. Joe's in Hamilton today. Everything went great and I have such a wonderful calmness about this process. My surgery is this Thursday Feb. 27th and I have met a few people that will be there around the same time as me.

Optifast available: I bought 14 days of Optifast at St. Joe's and they called me the next day with a date one week away. They told me not to bother with the Optifast, but I had already bought it as I live out of town. So, I have 4 boxes, 2 chocolate, 2 vanilla - enough for two full weeks. Please private message me if you are interested in this and like a good deal :)

Thanks to all for their support.

Bev from Brantford, Ontario, Canada RNY - Feb.27, 2014 @ St. Joe's Hamilton - Diabetes in Remission & Blood Pressure normal now. YAY!

HW - 303 lbs CW(pre op) - 274.5  at 5 months out 202.5 lbs Current weight on Aug.18/14 is 195 lbs May 2015 at goal - 160 pounds

Ninalynn24
on 2/24/14 11:44 am - Canada

Congrats on your surgery date! I'm also at St Joes in Hamilton, I meet with a surgeon this Wednesday. If you don't mind I was wondering if you knew what to expect and about how long after this appointment for surgery date? Best of luck!

sellarsgal
on 2/24/14 7:39 pm - Oshawa, Canada

All the best for Thursday!!

HRRH -Orientation Nov  25, Dr. Sohi Jan 17, RN,SW,Dietician Feb 19, Dr Glazer Mar 5, Dr Sohi March 12. Surgery May 28th

Zizzler
on 2/24/14 8:45 pm

No opti that is awesome news.  Best of luck to you.

2Bhappy4me
on 2/25/14 8:00 am - Canada

I am going through Hamilton as well. I go for my orientation in April .  How long after your orientation did you get your surgery date.  Thanks in advance for the information.  

Ninalynn24
on 2/25/14 8:38 am - Canada

My referral was sent in November 2012 by my GP. I had my orientation in June 2013 then did some blood work and stomach ultrasound in November 2013. Next appointment with the dietician wasn't until January 2014. February 2014 I have went through social worker and medical internist. Tomorrow I have an appointment with the surgeon. Still waiting on surgery date.. Long process but well worth the wait.

taniagirlca
on 2/25/14 8:24 am

wow lucky you , no opti

m1randa55
on 2/25/14 9:53 am - Brantford, Canada

Thanks everyone for the well wishes.

I'm not currently working, have no children at home and was able to take any cancelled appointments at a moments notice, my process went by in about 9 months. I never phoned for cancellations as I thought that might annoy them. I sent a pleasant letter saying I was available for Orientation if they had a cancellation (they did) and then I sent a second letter further along reminding them that I could take any cancellations for any appointments any day...so all of my appointments have been last minute cancellations. Otherwise, I believe it would have taken 18-24 months.

So, I've been lucky and I'm so grateful. :)

Bev from Brantford, Ontario, Canada RNY - Feb.27, 2014 @ St. Joe's Hamilton - Diabetes in Remission & Blood Pressure normal now. YAY!

HW - 303 lbs CW(pre op) - 274.5  at 5 months out 202.5 lbs Current weight on Aug.18/14 is 195 lbs May 2015 at goal - 160 pounds

Most Active
Recent Topics