dumped for the first time

reenie33
on 3/4/14 10:00 pm

well I just got back from Dr Sohi's y/d. He was extremely pleased with how I was doing!! . It was a long day for me and I had nothing to eat. Stupid move. I get home and make dinner, 3 slices of tomato, 1 slice of chicken breast and one slice of deli black forrest ham, paired with a few melba toasts. Well I started to eat and began with the stomach cramps. So I put dinner away. It kinda felt like real bad gas. I go to bed and in a bit it settles down , so me being the brainiac tells self to go finish dinner. I was bowled over for 5 hours with heaves and wretching, nothing came out but foam and spit, the pain in my gut was so severe that I considered going to emerge, it was coupled with sweating and shakes......I am 9 months out and almost at goal, I NEVER EVER want to feel like that again

johjen
on 3/4/14 10:07 pm

It sounds like the foamies... if you have had rny... try one tiny sip of water followed by one slightly larger sip of water... this might push through what is causing it.. hope this helps if it ever happens again.

reenie33
on 3/5/14 3:00 am

tried that, but didnt help at all.... thanks

kristaeb
on 3/4/14 11:03 pm

Doesnt sound pleasant at all...I hope you never have that again Reenie...Krista..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

reenie33
on 3/5/14 3:04 am

I hope it dosent happen again either!. Now Im scared to eat solids. I think Ill go easy for a couple of weeks and stick to protein shakes and cottage cheese /yogurt. I seriously was thinking about going to the ER, but I figured they wouldnt have done much, except for maybe giving me some fluids IV. I hope all is well with you Krista, I see you have lost a ton of weight !!! fantastic for you

Diminishing Dawn
on 3/5/14 5:53 am - Windsor, Canada

Sounds more to me like something being stuck than dumping.   I hear it can be pure agony.  

Hope you feel better

dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

reenie33
on 3/5/14 6:05 am

well I am unsure really which it was. I do know that all I wanted to do was lay down , but every time I tried to, I would get chills and began to wretch. We are talking like 20 plus times of chills with heart palps and wretching. I mostly sat on my bed heaving until I thought it was over-with, lay down and it would start all over. I never want to feel like that again. I kinda felt like being kicked in the belly over and over. I feel better today, just a lil tightness in the abdomen where my ribs meet in the middle. But I am terrified to eat anything now. Ill stick to real soft things, I had a yogurt and a shake today... so far. Thanks for writing

MarilynDee
on 3/5/14 6:00 am

I agree with Dawn on something being stuck. I know that when I get overly hungry I tend not to chew as much as I should. I have a couple snacks with me at all times, one of them is a frozen protein drink. This way I stay on my every 4 hour eating schedule.

Take Care, DeeW  

reenie33
on 3/5/14 6:11 am

thanks for your input. I know I am never hungry, and tend to go too long inbetween meals and snacks. And I did eat far too quick, I had 3 dogs trying their best to scam bites of food off of me.......I shoulda took more time and shared more , then got more if I needed it. Our old ways of eating seem to come back without thinking, ingrained in our psyche

(deactivated member)
on 3/5/14 6:35 am

I sometimes feel so good.I forget that I had the surgery.I will put something in my mouth and be like holy crap I can't eat this.Eating too fast can reek havoc on us.But you know now what not to do.I hope you feel better.

Most Active
Recent Topics