Surgeon?

1HealthyMomma
on 3/16/14 7:10 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 10/07/14

Has anyone had Dr. Klein at HRRH do their RNY? If so what did you think of him? I have my first surgeon app. with him coming up with him. I was also wondering if my first app. is with him does that mean his is the one doing the surgery. I noticed that some people see more then one surgeon before surgery.

Thanks

Lisa

Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass On October 7,2014 with Dr. Hagen   

kimber291
on 3/16/14 7:34 am - Port Hope, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/11/14

Dr Klein is my surgeon. I just had surgery on the 11th of February. I really like him. He makes you feel very comfortable and he did an amazing job with my surgery. I see him again this Wednesday for my 1 month follow up. 

Dr Glazer isn't a surgeon, if that is who your referring to seeing as well. He is a Internist, he is Doctor that releases us once he clears us as medically ready for the surgery. I only had to see him once, others do have to see him more if they have medical issues such as sleep apnea etc. 

I would assume that he will be the surgeon doing your surgery unless for some reason you end up going with someone else. 

Good luck!! When do you meet with him?

Referral - Oct 29/13

Info Session - Nov 18/13...1st surgeon appt - Nov 26/13...RN/SW/RD - Dec - 4/13...Dr.Glazer - Jan 8/14...2nd Surgeon appt - Jan 22/14 PATTS - Jan 29/14...

SURGERY!!!! FEBRUARY 11th 2014.

1HealthyMomma
on 3/16/14 7:49 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 10/07/14

Thanks for the reply, makes me feel a little more at ease. I meet him on March 27, 2014. so close...lol. I really just want to start my journey, so my new life can begin.

Thanks again

Lisa

Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass On October 7,2014 with Dr. Hagen   

kimber291
on 3/16/14 12:52 pm - Port Hope, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/11/14

I was very nervous the day I met him as I didn't know what to expect and I wasn't sure if be approved and all that jazz. Within the first 5 minutes I was very comforted. He is a very caring and down to earth man. The appt is pretty quick, I think I was in with him 20 minutes max. 

Your going to do great! Getting so close :-)

Referral - Oct 29/13

Info Session - Nov 18/13...1st surgeon appt - Nov 26/13...RN/SW/RD - Dec - 4/13...Dr.Glazer - Jan 8/14...2nd Surgeon appt - Jan 22/14 PATTS - Jan 29/14...

SURGERY!!!! FEBRUARY 11th 2014.

Tina G.
on 3/17/14 12:55 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 04/14/14

I have Dr. Klein for a surgeon. My Pre op is tomorrow the 18th of March, and my surgery is April 9th. I really like him and your right he is a very down to earth and kind. He doesn't rush you at your appt. If you have questions then he answers, seeing as it\s your first appt he will do a lot of talking to tell you about the surgery, what to expect, etc. give you food for thought so to speak. Where u from?.

Hope this helps you out, and as another reply pointed out you will likely also see Dr. Glazier who is an Internist and is VERY knowledgeable. Do not worry he sends everyone for a sleep study it's common for everyone to do. Good luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics