More Surgery

csmith74
on 3/30/14 4:29 am

Hello,

I had surgery in August 2013 and pretty much have had little/no issues along the way. I'm at the point that my BMI is 30 which is where they want people at. It seems like now I have a pain in my right side and they are saying they need to take a look to see what's going on (if its a hernia or ulcer). Has anyone else had an issue like this? My doctor explained that loosing the weight too fast can cause a hernia. Just wondering what to expect or if they found something different?

Thanks

Connie

Leanne1
on 3/30/14 5:16 am - Newmarket, Canada

When does the pain happen?? All the time? After you eat??? 

It "could" be your gall bladder acting up. I have been following many people that say they get pain in their right side, and it tends to be about 6-9months after WLS or losing alot of weight. If it were me, I would keep a food/ pain log and see when the pain is happening. Give it to the dr and see what he says. 

I am not a nurse or a dr and I am not giving medical advise but I have been seeing a trend and it is merely only my opinion. I would check for gall bladder issues

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

KarenHope
on 3/30/14 10:25 am
RNY on 04/15/13

I had been having pain in my left side just above my largest scar at around the 9 month mark.  My clinic thinks it is only scar tissue shifting as I am losing weight. As it was explained to me the scar tissue is trying to adhere to fat and muscle and I am shifting both as I lose fat and build muscle through the exercise I am doing. So not all pain is necessarily something that requires additional surgery. But obviously have it checked out. It sure could be something more serious. 

Referral Oct '11 Orientation Ottawa Dec 9 '11 NP June 25 '12 Sleep Clinic July 27 '12 

Tr to Kingston Aug '12  NP/SW/Nut Oct 1 '12 Pre-Op class - Dec 12 '12 Surgeon  Mar 4 '13    Surgery Apr 15 '13     

HW 304 CW 175 GOAL 150  

Most Active
Recent Topics