Invite to info session

Donna1964
on 5/14/14 4:19 am - Canada

Hi all, I am new to this and have asked my family doctor (middle of March) for a referral to Guelph to the bariatric clinic in Guelph.  It has been about two months now and I have not received the invite to attend the info session. Does anyone know how long this takes?

Thanks, Donna

Patm
on 5/14/14 4:37 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Your doctor must make the referral to the Bariatric registry not directly to Guelph. Go back to him and make sure the referral has gone through.

coop1977
on 5/14/14 8:17 am - Canada

Hi there!  My doctor sent my referral to the registry on March 11 ....   I got a  call and package at the end of April ... Some of which I needed to fill out and mail back and some that my doctor had to fill out ...... Also got blood work and an ECG done ..... Got this all done the beginning of May ...... Now I wait!  I just want the orientation date to be set!  

Janet

Donna1964
on 5/14/14 8:24 am - Canada

Hi Janet, my doctor sent me for a wack of blood work and ecg and also referred me for the ultrasound and upper gi test.  I just want to start the process and I am getting anxious that it would happen for me.  I have been heavy all my life with the exception of 8 years that I kept my weight off and then I suffered with postpartum depression after having my son and have been struggling ever since.  I am a cancer survivor and have now been told that I need a knee replacement which I want to try and put off for as long as I can.  Hoping the weight loss will help postpone that as well. Exercising is out for me as my knee is not in good shape.  

Maybe if I don't hear anything I will pop in next week and ask about it at my doctor's office. 

Donna

coop1977
on 5/14/14 8:34 am - Canada

Hopefully we will both hear soon ..... 

Wouldn't to call though .... 

Best of luck!

janet

Solstice
on 5/14/14 9:24 pm
RNY on 11/27/14

I asked my family doc for a referral to the Ontario Bariatric Program in September. I got a call from Guelph's program in mid-November to see if I could for an orientation session on Dec 12. I did receive a letter confirming this date with instructions for the visit 2 weeks later. They go by your postal code to determine which hospital program you will attend. I am NW of London.

This is how it should work, but timelines are a little airy...

http://www.ontariobariatricnetwork.ca/the-process.aspx

Connie

Solstice

Donna1964
on 5/27/14 3:55 am - Canada

Just wanted to let you know that I got my letter of invitation to the info session. Wow coming up quick. Received the letter yesterday and the session is next Thursday. I am so excited to finally be starting my journey.

Donna

Most Active
Recent Topics