Rny to DS revision approved today

dawn4511
on 6/26/14 6:25 am - Niagara Falls, Canada
Hi everyone, my name is Dawn and I had rny 7yrs ago. I had lost around 100 pds but never got near goal and then gained it all back with a pregnancy. I have been trying to get a revision for two years now. I finally got the last approval today. The surgeon that will be doing it will do the rny take down and sleeve in one surgery and then 2-6mths later the remaining ds. I'm very excited I believe the ds lifestyle will work better for me. Is there any suggestions you have for me? I've printed off alot of information from ds facts website. Thank you.

10/18/07 RNY ( hw 305 sw 290 lw 189ish) St Joe's 08/14/14 RNY reversal to sleeve. I survived 3 leaks,4 operations and a feeding tube.

Karen M.
on 6/26/14 6:32 am - Mississauga, Canada

Congrats to you, Dawn!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

dawn4511
on 6/26/14 6:43 am - Niagara Falls, Canada
Thanks Karen nice to hear from a familiar face.

10/18/07 RNY ( hw 305 sw 290 lw 189ish) St Joe's 08/14/14 RNY reversal to sleeve. I survived 3 leaks,4 operations and a feeding tube.

Karen M.
on 6/26/14 7:49 pm - Mississauga, Canada

There are still a few of us around ;)

Really thrilled for you that you're able to proceed with a revision - dsfacts.com is definitely the best place to get accurate DS information. The DS board here has slowed down a great deal, but there are some helpful vets that are still around for help. Welcome back to OH - we're here to support you through this!

Best,

K.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Diminishing Dawn
on 6/26/14 9:29 pm - Windsor, Canada

I have a friend who has had this done.  While she has done well, she is disappointed with her results. 

When you go through it, you have to keep in mind that you'll lose slower as a revision.  I suggest you play your surgery conservatively and do low carb to get the best results.  Talk to other revisions on the DS forum and get a sense of how to maximize your results.   You'll get very little information through the ontario system. 

Congrats to you. 

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

dawn4511
on 6/27/14 5:05 am - Niagara Falls, Canada
Thanks Dawn. Glad your still around. Would you friend be open to talking to me by email?

Most Active
Recent Topics