remnant stomach issues

jmary56
on 7/3/14 6:35 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 06/27/14

Hello from Peterborough.  I'm finally home from RNY on June 27th 2014.  I was originally in for two days and came home on June 29th, our twelfth anniversary.  I was overcome with pain and nausea and could only sip on water.  I walked and sipped and walked and sipped.  Only had liquid tylenol for pain and it wasn't touching it.  In the am I woke to diarrhea and called the doctor. He said to go to emerg and he would see me.  So back I go and after pain and nausea meds I felt a lot better.  They admitted me again and did a CT scan which found all to be normal except the remainder of the stomach was dilated.  They told me that this could cause some of my pain and that it would either settle on its own or they would have to put a tube in to release the gas.  I wondered if anyone else has ever had this experience?  I'm home now trying to feel better but in hospital I developed a productive cough so that is wreaking havoc on me.  Appreciate hearing from anyone about this.  Thanks, 

Jo

Jo

Karen M.
on 7/3/14 6:59 am - Mississauga, Canada

Gosh, I've never heard of a dilated remnant stomach in all my years here. I really hope they can give you some relief!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

jmary56
on 7/3/14 8:31 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 06/27/14

Well thanks Karen.  I just know that I'm not having an easy time.  Feel rough and trying to get fluids and protein in is a struggle.  Appreciate the reply though. 

Jo

Catw
on 7/3/14 10:20 pm - Arnprior, Canada

I hope the pain subsides soon for you.  I'm sure your pillow is your best friend right now, keep hugging it.  Just remember, try to get your water in (especially in this heat) but don't worry if you don't get 64 oz today.  You'll work at it.  Rest when you need to, walk when you can.

Cathy

jmary56
on 7/4/14 3:10 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 06/27/14

Thanks Cathy,  All the support is so appreciated.  Thanks for taking the time to reply!! 

Jo

Most Active
Recent Topics