Newbie starting the process!

Nickaroo
on 7/24/14 11:30 am - Windsor, Canada

I went and seen my doctor today, and she filled out the referral form in Windsor, ON. She is also arranging some tests for me. The tests she is arranging are: Upper G.I., Breathing Test, and Sleep Apnea.

My BMI is currently at 50.1, I weight 349lbs.

Does anyone have any information on Windsor's Assesment Centre? Any suggestions? What to expect?

Thank You :)

Nick

Karen M.
on 7/24/14 11:44 am - Mississauga, Canada

Welcome to the forum! We're glad to have you here.

Can't give you much info on the Windsor site, but please do look up "DiminishingDawn", she's a fabulous resource and support group leader in your area.

:)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Nickaroo
on 7/24/14 11:53 am - Windsor, Canada

I tried looking her up in the member search, but nothing comes up?

NorthernStar
on 7/24/14 12:00 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

Welcome!! Post and read lots

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

Linsie
on 7/24/14 9:24 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 05/22/14

Hi Nick, I was around your weight when I started everything as well. A year and 5 months after the referral, I had my RNY. Been two months and I feel like I have a new found confidence! At orientation I weighed in at 344, and today I am 274 and loving Value Village for biweekly shopping lol. I did have my surgery in Guelph so I can't comment on the Windsor specific program since most are quite different in regards to restrictions before and after surgery. It takes a lot of determination and patience to go through this process, just remember....it took all these years to put the weight on, so the least you can do is put in some more time before it will come off. Plus...what do you have to lose by going forward (other than weight). It can just be frustrating along the way. Look here for advice and suggestions for literally everything. It's such a fantastic site!

Diminishing Dawn
on 7/24/14 9:52 pm - Windsor, Canada

Hi 

Welcome to the board.  Anything that you need, please do not hesitate to ask me as that is what I do.  We have a great windsor support group which I invite you to attend or I'll even go for a coffee chat with you if you prefer a one on one talk. We also have informal, social coffee talks.  You can message me here or add me on Facebook. 

My last last name is the same as the singer from No Doubt. 

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Diminishing Dawn
on 7/24/14 10:20 pm - Windsor, Canada

Oh and we have 2 Awesome Facebook groups.btw my bmi was the same as yours prioir to surgery 

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

kellybelly333
on 7/24/14 11:36 pm - Toronto, Canada

Welcome! Meet up with Dawn. She's a lovely, knowledgeable, lady!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Most Active
Recent Topics