Is this a support forum where questions are answered about Bariatric Surgery?

Karen K.
on 8/8/14 10:32 pm - Ontatio, Canada

I'm not sure if I'm on the right site as 66 people viewed my question but no one replied.  I had a question about what happens after the one on ones in Sudbury? I'm wondering about wait times. If I'm on the wrong site, could someone please direct me to the correct one. Thanks

Darbaybe_2014
on 8/8/14 10:56 pm - Kitchener, Canada

Hi Karen , 

I was one that read your post however I am going through Guelph and I do know that every  hospital is a little different. As for me I have had the orientation, I met once with the nurse, the nutritionist and social worker and I have to meet with them again on August 27th...I also know at some point I need to see the Internist... ( not everyone has to see an internist but I  do)....then I suppose it is meet with the surgeon...my understanding is it is different for everyone that goes through Guelph...some people may need more sessions with the social worker...or more with the nurse...it is hard to wait and from what I have seen here some people wait up to 2 years for surgery...I think you are on the right site :)  I just think we are all in the same boat...there is no concrete answer....but I could be wrong LOL

Happy Saturday 

Referral to Guelph:  January 2014 ~ Orientation Guelph: April 24.14~ Meet Nurse: June 03.14, August 28.14 ~ Meet SW: June 16.14 & Aug.28.14 & Feb.09.15   ~ Meet Dietician: June 16.14, August 28.14 & Nov.19.14~  Dec.31.14 & Feb.05.15 Meet Internist Dr Agarwal: Sept.28.14 ~ Post Op Nutrition class: March 16.2015  Meet Surgeon: April 16.15 ~ Approved for surgery: April 16.15 ~  Surgery Date: July 14.15 ~ Started Opti:  July 07.14~ Opti Starting weight: TBD~ Surgery weight: TBD ~ Goal weight: 150  

Karen K.
on 8/8/14 11:21 pm - Ontatio, Canada

Thanks so much for replying. Very helpful! Wait times seem to vary so much. By the way,  my son is going to Guelph in September 😄

Patm
on 8/9/14 12:00 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Sorry no one answered. During the summer the board can be a little slow. Hopefully some Sudbury people will be on again in September. If you see someone from up north you can pm them for info. Also there is a search function (little magnifier at top). You might get info previously posted

Pegasus_AM
on 8/9/14 12:07 am, edited 8/9/14 12:07 am

I did read your previous post but as I'm not from your area I didn't respond as I didn't think I would have any useful information for you. I'm in the Toronto area so I've been referred to Humber River Regional Hospitals bariatric clinic and program. Where I am from you have to attend and information/orientation session before any other appointments will be scheduled. My referral was sent May 14th/2014 and my orientation session is August 18th/2014. I was told by a friend that after that session it's 2-3 months before you start seeing the dietitian, social worker, internist, nurse, psychologist and surgeon. (Her orientation session was June14th/2014 and she just got a call last week her appointment with all is scheduled for late September) I don't know if this is helpful at all but just didn't want you to be discouraged this really is a wonderful support group. :-) 

Referral May 14th/14, HRRH Orientation Aug/18th/14, Surgeon (Dr.Starr) Appt Nov/28th/14, Clinic Nurse,Social Worker, Dietitian Dec/15th/14, Dr.Glazer Feb/5th/15, OptiFast Feb/16th/15, PATTS Feb/17th/15, Surgery March 2nd/15 HW 230, SW 202, CW 130

Karen M.
on 8/9/14 12:14 am - Mississauga, Canada

Actually, I replied. But only with a little waving face only since you commented that it could be confusing with another "Karen M" posting - I appreciate you changing your user name as yes, it could have been confusing. :)

With regard to no one answering - you posted on a Friday evening (not many are on the board) with a question about a specific site (Sudbury) so the majority of us didn't have anything useful to share with you. Sometimes questions need to sit for a bit for people to actually see the post and then answer if they have any input.  As a small suggestion, you may want to include the site you are asking about in the title of your thread.

Welcome to the forum.

K.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

56sunShine14
on 8/9/14 12:58 am

Hi Karen,

if you go to the upper right corner of the screen, you will se a tiny magnifying glass.  Type in Sudbury and it will take you to all posts previously about that.  Don't know if that will hope but that's all I have for ya.  And good luck on your journey!

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

Wesley T.
on 8/9/14 1:02 am - Canada

Hi Karen,

While I am not from Sudbury I am from North Bay, however I am going through the Sudbury Bariatric Clinic. Unfortunately I am not at that stage of appointment's yet, and I am still awaiting my Orientation Session. My referral was sent in Feb 14. Welcome to the boards! 

northernga1
on 8/9/14 1:56 am - Elliot Lake, Canada

Hi im not in Sudbury but from Elliot Lake and going threw the Sudbury bariatric center.  My referral was sent in Feb 14, 2014 i just attended an orientation on July 30th.  I got my call on August 6th for my 1 on 1 appointments which are not until Feb 16th 2015.  I've been told that sometimes your 1 on 1's require you to see the dietician a 2nd time and sometimes a 2nd time for the social worker.  After the 1 on 1's i've been told by another friend of mine that you wait for the center to give your the approval and they send your file to Toronto and you wait for you call to have your OTN with your surgeon.  

Referral Feb 14 2014; Orientation July 30 2014; 1 on 1's Feb 17, 2015; Pre op May 27 2015; Surgery date June 16, 2015

Most Active
Recent Topics