2 Appointments Booked Now

blueeyes95
on 9/3/14 2:03 am - Toronto , Canada

So I had my orientation Aug 13 2014 and it was really good I have searched all the links that were provided and I am on the Forum at least 4 days out of the week I think this site is the best as it's real life experinces. My question is are my dates in accordance with others appointments?? I know everyone situation is different but I am just curious? I am looking forward to my new journey and to do the best I can.  So my first appointment is Oct 17 Initial Assesment with the Nurse Pratictioner what will occur on this appointment?? 2nd appointment is December 17 with the Social Worker what should I expect here?? I am so sorry for all these questions but the more you know the better off you are... Last question omg I could be here all day lol has anyone ever been denied or heard of someone being denied??? and why???

Ok last one lol how do you eat slowly I am a mother of 4 one 23, 19 and twins 5 years old and we are always on the go??? please help i find this the hardest and I am trying to get it but find it very hard, I am sorry if this sounds silly but it is hard... I usually eat on the go which is not always good, but lately I have been making myself sit down to eat and talk between bites and put down my fork. 

Thanks B

Patm
on 9/3/14 6:15 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Which hospital are you through. This can make a difference in the appointments.

As for eating slow it is a learning process. The fact you are trying to mast this now is good. I still get the foamies if I eat too fast. Believe me not great. If you can try to get everyone else to slow down it will help. I find I eat fast when my son is around and he is shoveling food in.

Good luck with your journey

blueeyes95
on 9/8/14 2:02 am - Toronto , Canada

Thank you and I am going thru TWH. I hear this is a great Hospital and has great doctors, but it seems there are alot of great hospitals and doctors out there too. I have just kicked the diet coke and I will miss it greatly but I know I won't be able to drink it no more. That is one of my addicitions its silly but it is. Now to master eating slow...

Thanks Again.

B

dentedsmile
on 9/25/14 4:53 pm, edited 9/25/14 4:54 pm - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 10/28/14

Hey B,

I am also going through TWH at the moment i actually finished all my assessments (including a stress test and a nurse prac. follow up) in a record 37 days from Orientation. I can totally relate with the Diet Coke addiction! in fact a few years back when my sister tried quitting cold turkey she literally went through withdrawal symptoms like a crack addict! So I am in total awe of your being able to kick DC to the curb! WAY TO GO! :)

I wanted to also mention that calling in to check on cancellations (if you have a fairly open schedule to work with) is a good way to process through your appointments faster than 2 months between (yikes!)

Your appointment with the Nurse Practioner will be fairly straight forward, blood pressure check, she'll ask you a bunch of medical related questions (know your family medical history), you'll get to do a urine test! (ooooh fun! lol) and then you'll get sent downstairs to do blood work. It should take roughly 1.5hrs for everything depending on how smoothly everything goes. :)

Good luck! :) and if you have any questions feel free to ask me :)

Margo

*Edit* also the only time i've ever heard of someone being kicked from the program is A) failing the urine tests more than twice or B) missing more than 3 appointments, though this is because if you're too lazy to call to reschedule how serious can you really be about the program right?

Referral sent- July 2013 Orientation TWH- July 2, 2014 Social Worker- July 17, 2014 Nurse Practitioner-July 25, 2014 Psychologist - July 28, 2014 Nutrition Class- July 29, 2014  Dietician - July 30, 2014 Nurse Prac. Follow-up (Stress Test) - August 7, 2014 Meet Surgeon (Dr. Ori Rotstein)- September 26, 2014 Pre-op Testing - October 20, 2014 Surgery Date -OCTOBER 28, 2014  

Most Active
Recent Topics