I feel funny

josh_h2
on 9/9/14 10:43 am

I made my evening/supper Opti tonight, and noticed I had a package of crystal light power (sincle use), so I popped it in.  mixed it up, and my go**** was nasty.  (day 14 of 21 now done)

I think I had 2 swigs before dumping it...

I don't feel good now - not because I took 2 swigs of opti that had some sugar in it (double check whatever you mix in your opti)

feeling light headed, unsteady om my feet..  my wife says it's a sugar high (from not having any sugar in 2 weeks my body didn't know how to deal with it..  I don't think so..

your thoughts ya'll?

Orientation at HRH - Jan 13, 2014. 1st Meeting with Surgeon (Dr. Klein) & blood work - Jan 30th. Sleep study - Feb 5th. RN, Dietician & Social Worker exams - Feb 25th, Internist - April 9th.  Dr Klein -April 23rd,PATTs Sept 2nd, Surgery, Sept 16, 2014, Opti Starting Weight - 343LB (Aug 26th).  Surgery weight 315LB  CW 215 17-Aug-2015)

Nikipie_72
on 9/9/14 11:01 am - Canada

Day 14 of 21 I'm super jealous!!  I am starting my 3 weeks of Opti tomorrow and I inject Insulin 5 times a day! I have to start by cutting my Insulin dosages in half and then try and adjust as needed. The Opti has 16 carbs per serving/meal and my body is use to 45g of carbs  per meal! I am not looking forward to the adjustment period but am looking forward to the possibility of no more injections!! I did purchase sugar free liquid flavor shots to alter the taste of my Opti if need be so I will definitely be cautious when adding them! Hang in you have 7 more days!! Good Luck we will be thinking of you!

Nicole

kimber291
on 9/9/14 11:04 am - Port Hope, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/11/14

Crystal light doesn't have sugar. It has artificial sweetener in it. Could have been too much sweetener.  As it's also in the opti.  

You could be hypoglycemic. The nurse at Humber told me to buy diabetic candy just incase I got lightheaded while on opti.  I never did need them. 

Hope you feel better!

Referral - Oct 29/13

Info Session - Nov 18/13...1st surgeon appt - Nov 26/13...RN/SW/RD - Dec - 4/13...Dr.Glazer - Jan 8/14...2nd Surgeon appt - Jan 22/14 PATTS - Jan 29/14...

SURGERY!!!! FEBRUARY 11th 2014.

Karen M.
on 9/9/14 12:10 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Crystal Light doesn't have any sugar, so it's not that. Make sure you're drinking lots of water - you don't wanna get dehydrated  (which could be part of the wooziness). Hope you're feeling better. 

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

josh_h2
on 9/9/14 10:00 pm

hey ya'll.  I'm feeling a lot better today..  that was weird...

I drink lots of water (easily about a gallon a day - that's going to be a hard one to break), and didn't do anything different.

I don't recall going to bed, or having a conversation with my wife..  (she says we talked a bit)..  and I appently "reserved" our computer chair by tipping it forward.  (I only barely recall writing that post, glad there wasn't anything bad in it) :)

Oh well, got a good night's sleep and am feeling good today..  if it happens again I'll dig into it a bit deeper..

thanks all!

J

Orientation at HRH - Jan 13, 2014. 1st Meeting with Surgeon (Dr. Klein) & blood work - Jan 30th. Sleep study - Feb 5th. RN, Dietician & Social Worker exams - Feb 25th, Internist - April 9th.  Dr Klein -April 23rd,PATTs Sept 2nd, Surgery, Sept 16, 2014, Opti Starting Weight - 343LB (Aug 26th).  Surgery weight 315LB  CW 215 17-Aug-2015)

Karen M.
on 9/9/14 10:21 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Glad to hear you're feeling better this morning! It sounds a lot like your blood sugar dipped really low - maybe call your centre for some advice on this as I'm sure you'd hate to go through that again. Hope today is better :)

P.S. You don't have to give up the water post-op. Gulping, yes, drinking lots of water, nope.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Linsie
on 9/10/14 12:04 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 05/22/14

Could it be since you didn't finish the entire pack of opti, you're now down one in your "system" and it is craving food? I know you feel better today, but that's my guess. I skipped my 4th opti pack a few days actually and felt like that as well on those days.

Most Active
Recent Topics