Just a heads up...

bee28
on 11/7/14 1:51 pm - Sarnia, Canada
RNY on 12/09/14

For anyone going through TWH ordeing their opti in the next few weeks their back ordered in chocolate soooooo we have to deal with our vanilla 😝

mysha
on 11/8/14 6:09 am - Thunder Bay, Canada

Vanilla was a real problem for me...disguised it with a tsp of cocoa and sometimes kicking it up a notch with 1/2 tsp of decaf coffee crystals, if I was feeling really crazy I would also add a sprinkle of cinnamon.  Good luck with Opti, I had no troubles getting in all 4 of my daily shakes until the end when I almost forgot to take the last of the day.

bee28
on 11/8/14 12:41 pm - Sarnia, Canada
RNY on 12/09/14

Reading about how horrible the vanilla tastes kind of freaks me out lol but I'm ready to do whatever it takes to make it work

Caroline K.
on 11/9/14 9:05 am

Honestly, I didn't find them that bad, just a bit too sweet for my taste. Tasted like the box-mix cake batters a bit to me. I actually rather like the vanilla with a bit of sugar-free raspberry or gingerbread syrup. The chocolate was pretty good with a some decaf coffee or peppermint extract. It was actually rather nice not to have to think about cooking for a few weeks. I didn't particularly care for the smell, but a lidded cup with a straw helped.

Referred to Guelph, Dec. 3/12. Orientation: Mar 7/13. NUT/SW/RN Jun 18/13. Nutrition Class Jul 3/13. NUT/SW/RN Aug 19/13. Post-op Nutrition Class Dec 30/13. Approval for surgery from Dr. Jules Foute Nelong Feb 10/14. Surgery Apr 23/14.

RYMEBE73
on 11/11/14 12:34 am - Guelph, Canada
RNY on 06/30/15

When I did the non-surgical program (12 weeks OPTI), I didn't mind the vanilla at all, but I added the SF Hazelnut flavouring, and made sure my water was cooooollldd...LOL  I'm not much of a vanilla flavour person, but I was able to actually enjoy it with the shot of added flavour. 

Moving on doesn't mean you forget about things.  It just means you have to accept what happened and continue LIVING  

Most Active
Recent Topics