Questions from the What are you Eating/Doing today threads :)

Dar_Tay
on 1/3/15 11:45 am - Canada

I have been following these threads and have a few questions :)

1.  What is protein coffee and where would you get it?

2, What is the yummiest way to prepare edamame beans?

3. What is P28bread and where do you get it?

4. Chike iced coffee.  Where can I buy just a few sample packs first?

5. What would be your suggestion for best low fat granola?

Thanks so much!! 

TanyaLH
on 1/3/15 5:15 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

Good morning Dar

I just add protein powder to my milk before I add milk to the coffee. I put my desired amount of milk in a mason jar, add a scope of vanilla protein powder and shake it really well then add it to my coffee.Have a great day,

Tanya

Dar_Tay
on 1/3/15 10:42 pm - Canada

Thanks Tanya, I'm wondering what is your sweet kale salad?? :)

Karen M.
on 1/4/15 7:00 pm - Mississauga, Canada

I'm not sure about Tanya's but I occasionally buy the bagged sweet kale salad (this one) and it's a delicious coleslaw variation. Not sure how they get away with calling it sweet KALE salad as there's very little kale in it lol. The dressing is poppy seed and high fat/calorie so I've been subbing a lower cal poppy seed dressing in mine. Overall very tasty but I'd be better off making my own.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

(deactivated member)
on 1/5/15 1:10 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I bought it once and thought it was a nice combination but agree there is very little kale.  I ended up buying all the ingredients and making my own and using the Renee's lower fast poppyseed and it was equally as delicious.  I'll have to share my recipe for a new salad I started making a month or so ago with brussel sprouts, dried cranberries, quinoa and toasted pecans with a very light orange vinaigrette.  Sometimes I leave the quinoa out since the price has gone insane on it the past year.

Karen M.
on 1/5/15 7:56 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Tracey, the salad you just mentioned sounds absolutely delicious and I would love the recipe (maybe you already posted it on the recipe forum - I will check! lol). I LOVE raw brussel sprouts and the whole combination literally made me drool.

The price of quinoa is ridiculous - what a change from a couple of years ago. Its even on the expensive side at Costco.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Onward and
Downward

on 1/3/15 10:55 pm, edited 1/3/15 10:56 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Finding P28 bread can be tricky! I have heard that some big chain grocery stores carry it, but I've never seen it at any I've been to. So I get it at Healthy Planet on Danforth Avenue in Toronto. I have also seen it at Low Carb Canada on Birchmount Road in Toronto, I think.

Oh, and you asked WHAT P28 bread is too, right?  It's basically a loaf of bread but it is made by including whey protein, so it's a high protein (and lower carb) bread. I like the flavour of it, but some people don't, so you might want to try one loaf and see if you like it before stocking up. Here's a link to their website: https://www.p28foods.com/baked-goods/p28-high-protein-bread

As for edamame? I just microwave them in the pods and then eat them by popping them out of the pods as I eat them. They taste great to me just plain!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Patm
on 1/3/15 11:17 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I make my own granola. I got the recipe the OH Ontario recipes Flying woman posted the recipe. I personally do not like PB bread. I find it very dense with a slight cinnamon taste. It does not taste like regular bread.

There is also a Canadian company that will send you sample. They have a great cappuccino one 

I have also made protein tea using flavoured teas like mint

meowface
on 1/4/15 12:21 am - Canada

Dar_Tay, thanks for posting the questions. I didn't know about the Low Carb grocery place. I'm freaking out a little as it's a 4 minute walk from where I live. All these products I've heard of and thought I'd have to order online, it's right around the corner from me!

Someone's going shopping...

Orientation at TWH on Jan 26th!

Zizzler
on 1/4/15 12:55 am

I am totally jealous that you live so close to the store, that is awesome!  Have fun and let us know how your shopping goes.

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Most Active
Recent Topics