What are you eating/doing today (Saturday)

TanyaLH
on 2/20/15 5:23 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

21 months post op

steps 7216

Morning all

First, I am sorry for the thread title yesterday...lol

I hope everyone is well, Kelly, how is your Aunt?

CC Thanks for the suggestion on hoping on a plane for somewhere warm...I wish I could do that!

Today will be a repeat of yesterday, hot soup and fluids, and a couple more boxes of tissue... 

Any suggestion on what I can take besides Tylenol?

Thanks Ladies

Tanya

birdiegirl
on 2/20/15 7:25 pm

RNY  5 Years 10 Months Post Op

Morning

Golf tournament this afternoon so will get lots of steps in.  They serve pizza and wings post golf so I have a large slice of pizza in my totals.

STEPS - 10240

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

Premier protein shake

L - 3 oz ham steak

2 eggs

S - Pure protein bar

D - 1 slice of pepperoni pizza

S - Greek yogurt with 1 TB of Granola

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,227,  Carbs - 97 Grams,  Fat - 42 Grams,  Protein - 119 Grams

All water and vits

Have a great one 

(deactivated member)
on 2/20/15 7:35 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

It's supposed to warm up to -8C today so if that happens, we are going outdoors for the day.  We have some cleaning up of snow to do around the yard then we are going snowmobiling. Supposed to go visits friends tonight but thankfully they are the type that don't push food on you when visiting.

B - 2 scrambled eggs with 1 homemade turkey sausage patty ( made them yesterday and they aren't too bad, just lacking a bit of fat to have the real sausage flavour, next time I will use a mix of breast and thigh meat)

S - protein shake

L - 1/2 can tuna and a green salad

S - protein shake

D - meatloaf with mushroom gravy, brussel sprouts, slices of cucumber with balsamic vinegar

Likely no snack as we won't be home but last night I had no need for one so hopefully the need to keep eating after dinner is gone again.

birdiegirl
on 2/20/15 7:53 pm

I am so impressed that you make your own sausage! 

I am wanting brussel sprouts now

(deactivated member)
on 2/20/15 8:07 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

You know me, I will make anything lol  All the ones you buy are so loaded with sugar and salt and often even fillers so this way I can control what goes in them.  Even he said they tasted really good but just a bit lacking in fat.  It was all breast meat so was just a little too lean.  Thankfully I own a meat grinder so can make my own.  

I love brussel sprouts and asparagus and have been eating both like crazy. 

birdiegirl
on 2/20/15 8:19 pm

Of course you own a meat grinder!  lol

(deactivated member)
on 2/20/15 8:23 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I actually own two.  LOL  The old hand crank one that was my grandmother's and an electric one.  Old one wins hands down for perfect ground meat.  My elderly neighbour had a moose roast given to her and she wanted to grind it to put in her meat pies so she went to the neighbour on the other side of her to see if they had a meat grinder and they told her, if anyone has one, it's Tracey, have you seen what's inside her kitchen.  Sure enough they called and I gave her both to use :)

birdiegirl
on 2/20/15 8:28 pm

lol....

I have not eaten moose meat.  I like many gamey meats and they are lean.  So good some type of strong fruit flavoring

new_me180
on 2/20/15 10:43 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

16 months post op

Quiet day today. Just some light cleaning and laundry today and watching soccer.

B - eggface ricotta bake

L - sunny side up egg, 1 slice fat free cheese on slice of multigrain chia bread

S - 1/3 cup tuna

D - stuffed pepper (no rice)

S - tofu chia pudding, cappuccino

totals - 712 calories, carbs 33, fat 33, protein 73

have a nice day all, Nia

Karen M.
on 2/20/15 11:02 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Good morning!

Tanya, the title of yesterday's post cracked me right up - so appropriate for the end of a busy week. I actually snickered right out loud. Sorry to hear you're still not well - you really got slapped with this illness, sounds like flu more than just a cold. Any Tylenol product is okay to take, I personally have had some cold/flu relief with Benylin All-in-One, maybe try that one as it's not an NSAID. That and lots of rest and fluids. Hope you feel better soon!

I see it's warmer out there (relatively speaking) and snowing. Being Canadian, I would like to express my deep hatred of winter, our weather, and any other unpreventable environmental irritation. Thankyouverymuch Mother Nature, you clearly have your *****hat on lately.

Groceries, house stuff, some cooking for the week and going out for dinner/"party" for Chinese New Year at the local pub. The owner does this annually to celebrate his new year and I have to say, it is the worst Chinese food ever, bar none. LOL

8.5 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 3 over the day -

B - Premier protein shake

S - plain Greek yogurt with homemade SF strawberries mixed in, sprinkle of toasted almonds

L - spring mix salad (a little shredded cheddar, 3 oz chicken breast, sunflower seeds, poppy seed dressing), a few grapes

S - Chike protein iced coffee; later: ham/cheese/pickle roll-ups (2) dipped in mustard

D - Chinese food of some description - I'll stick to meat and veggies

S - likely just coffee with cream while I'm out

Have a good one,

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active
Recent Topics