Finally -- 3 SVs!!

Meggles07
on 7/21/15 5:29 am - Canada

So I had this post all planned out a couple weeks ago and then I hit a stall.  Two weeks at just above 200 pounds.  So for the last few days I have cut my carbs in half, and stopped eating the crackers that I found myself snacking on throughout the day.  I will note that crackers on are my plan, and that I spoke with the dietitian recently and she suggested eating them for the salt content due to my low blood pressure.  I think I gave myself leave to overindulge because of this go-ahead.  I did freak out a bit thinking that was going to be it for my weight loss, but I was determined to get things back on track.

Anyways, I cut the carbs, have been busting my butt at the gym and today I woke up to finally see the scale under 200, aka onederland.  This is quite a milestone for me because it also means I have met my clinic's weight loss goal and I have lost over 100 pounds from my highest weight (I lost some weight before I started tracking here).  My BMI is now in the "overweight" range. 

I've also had lots of NSVs -- we went to see a play in Stratford over the weekend and I was quite comfortable in the seats.  I went shopping in the states last week and could fit into most of the non-plus size stores, and ended up buying four dresses. And I can walk all day and my feet don't get sore.  I'm sure there are other things, I just can't think of them at the moment.

Through all of this, I remember reading other peoples' posts saying they had lost so much weight, etc. and being frustrated or jealous of them.  I didn't think I would ever get here.  But I got the best compliment yesterday from a guy I work with -- he said I looked happier.  And that really is the goal isn't it?

Meg~

Seyenna
on 7/21/15 6:23 am - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

The "walking all day without sore feet" bit really hits home for me. It means so many things in my day to day life. I was pushing 400 lbs, and now in the 240 range I was able to walk all day at Wonderland with the kids and while my leg muscles WERE sore the next day.. I could walk. I remember some mornings the strain on my feet and ankles would be so bad that I would limp around the house - without having done anything strenuous the day before. Congratulations on Onederland, I cannot wait for that day. :)

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

roxytrim
on 7/21/15 9:28 am - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

Great perserverence...worth every minute of working & waiting.

Pegasus_AM
on 7/29/15 12:52 pm

This is awesome to hear Meggles !!!!! I'm so happy for you :-) Keep up the amazing work :-) !!!!!

Referral May 14th/14, HRRH Orientation Aug/18th/14, Surgeon (Dr.Starr) Appt Nov/28th/14, Clinic Nurse,Social Worker, Dietitian Dec/15th/14, Dr.Glazer Feb/5th/15, OptiFast Feb/16th/15, PATTS Feb/17th/15, Surgery March 2nd/15 HW 230, SW 202, CW 130

Most Active
Recent Topics