I'm on the bench!

(deactivated member)
on 8/4/15 3:31 pm - Mississauga, Canada

My surgery was on Friday at TWH with Dr. Hottie... I mean Penner. Everything went really well. No complications, no nausea or anything. The hospital staff are really amazing and I was happy to have 2 days there. My roommate was also a Bariatric patient which was nice because apparently they don't normally put Bariatric patients together. We supported each other and made the best of it. 

Being home has been okay. My pain isn't too bad and I have been off the heavy Meds since I came home and only taking extra strength Tylenol. I had to take a laxative lastnight which caused me some discomfort today and I had a generally crappy day (literally). 

Today has has been super emotional and o have been crying a lot and wondering if I made the right decision. Deep down I know o did but I think it is just all of these changes at once. Did anyone else feel like this?

I am doing well with my protein and getting my food intake up.

So that's where I am now. 

Mel

MonaLisaSmile
on 8/4/15 3:52 pm - Canada

Welcome to the bench Mel !!!

It's understandable to feel emotional at this time.  You are right, it is a lot of change to deal with.  Try not to look too far ahead, just try to follow your plan as best you can.....one day at a time.   

hiom
on 8/4/15 5:25 pm - Canada

Woohoo, can't wait to join you

Zizzler
on 8/4/15 5:45 pm

The emotional stuff is totally normal, the crying etc.  I still get this from time to time and I am 11 months post op, I think it has to do with hormones being released into your body with weight loss.  If you need to cry then just cry and let it out, you will feel better and eventually you will stop.  I also had some anxiety attacks in the first months after surgery, I was told this is also not uncommon.  Constipation only really improved after 6 months, until then I had to take lax-a-day pretty much every day or I was in trouble.  After 6 months I switched to once every 2 days, then once a week, and now I have not taken anything in months.  I make sure to eat enough fibre though, and drink plenty of liquids.  I remember feeling kind of bummed right after surgery too, wondering if I made a mistake, the first month was the hardest, it got easier from there, at first it is a full time job getting everything in.  Take care of yourself and come back and post as often as you need to.  There is a "what are you eating/doing today?" post daily, which you may wish to post in, helps you plan your day.

Patm
on 8/5/15 6:57 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

As others have posted the emotions are totally normal. Try to take one day at a time and soon you will start to feel better.

TaraB3660
on 8/5/15 9:43 pm

My surgery was the 28th and I totally get everything you have said. It's a lot at once, but I am slowly feeling I am getting in a groove. I believe it's normal. 😀

Most Active
Recent Topics