What are you eating/doing today? (Sunday)

Zizzler
on 8/23/15 3:25 am, edited 8/23/15 6:08 am

Good morning everyone.  Had my post ready and the freaking computer decided not to work and I lost it.  Going to make this one shorter to try to get it posted ok.  I was thinking of the beach today but will probably just run some errands and relax at home with some movies.  I would like to say I will go to the gym but it has not been happening lately, and I know it is effecting my mood.  Booo to my lack of energy and motivation.  What I need to do is to just do it and stop thinking about it, we shall see if that works out.

1 year post op

b - gnc strawberry protein shake

s - 1/2 low carb English muffin/bagel thingee, here is the recipe if anyone is interested: http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/lc_english_muffin2.html

l - other half of bagel thing with margarine and cheese

s - might make those eggwhite psyllium things I keep saying I will make, if not then most likely 1/2 a simply protein bar

d - wax beans with margarine and feta cheese

s - cucumber slices with garlic feta cheese

all water and vits, have a nice day

Update on the bagel/English muffin.  Wow these are filling.  I ate 1/3 of one and that was really filling, next time I will try 1/4 instead, see if that satisfies.  Tasted good toasted well, I did not have any flax meal so I used a tbsp. of psyllium powder instead and it worked well too.  I was thinking that sesame seeds would be really nice on the top of this since I toast it anyways afterwards, I might try that next time.

Patm
on 8/23/15 6:31 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning Zizzler. Your muffin sounds interesting. Good protein numbers

The bacon yesterday made me ill. Kind of ruined my day.  Didn't get out biking. Tonight we are going to an Argo game. It is an annoying time. Starts at 4:00pm. I am going to make sure I have an afternoon snack and take a protein bar with me. There is suppose to be a place that has salads and souvlaki so will try to find that.

Paws in the Park is near our house. I think we will bike over this morning just to check it out. I took my dog last year. Too much dog food around. Trying to get him walking with me and not fight me can be a challenge.

b yogurt, granola, bleberries

l lettuce and turkey roll up with mayo, source yogurt

s pure protein bar

d souvlaki tzatziki

cal 924, carb 50, prot 101. A little room for hanges

Karen M.
on 8/23/15 8:12 am - Mississauga, Canada

Sorry about the bacon, that sucks. I guess this is the one time bacon doesn't make it better. I was watching some news footage of Paws in the Park this morning on TV - those dogs are so smart!

Enjoy the game! Goooo Toronto!! (Boooo Ottawa! ;))

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Zizzler
on 8/23/15 11:40 am

Those are fighting words Karen lol   Ottawans unite!

Karen M.
on 8/23/15 12:06 pm - Mississauga, Canada

I'm glad you caught that, I said it for your benefit. LOL But seriously, what the hell is with "redblacks"? They couldn't come up with a more creative name than stating the obvious colour of their uniforms? ;)

Karen

Zizzler
on 8/23/15 12:54 pm

lol nice one Karen. I know eh, it is a freaking awful name, no imagination there whatsoever. 

Karen M.
on 8/23/15 2:41 pm - Mississauga, Canada

I don't discriminate - I'm equally nasty about Barb's Ti-Cats. LOL

Karen

Zizzler
on 8/23/15 10:47 am

Is paws in the park a fundraiser for animals?  My dogs are the same, they love their food.  Only they are small, 10lbs so if they fight me I win :0)  What kind of dog is yours?  Sounds like maybe a larger one?  Sorry to hear about the bacon, does it usually make you sick or is this unusual?  I can eat some bacon but if I eat too much whamo I get nausea and feel sick.  Is that what you experienced?  I love souvlaki so much, that and kabobs, omg. 

Patm
on 8/23/15 10:52 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Paws in the Park was kind of a bust. Not many people or vendors. Did get a sample of dog food for my daughters dag. Hers is tiny. Our dog is 90 pounds. There were people there who were competing in dog tricks.

Sometimes bacon or sausage is fine but sometimes if too greasy I get explosive diarrhea. Leaves me kind of drained.

Zizzler
on 8/23/15 11:45 am

90 pounds holy geez no wonder he can drag you around.  I love watching dog agility and tricks.  We have one around here called "superdogs", they perform at fairs and other events and are really amazing.  Explosive diarrhea is really rotten, I get that if I have too much sugar alcohol. 

Most Active
Recent Topics