Opinions please

Monarch79
on 11/26/15 1:46 pm - Canada

I visited my Dr recently and requested a referral to the medical program. I was thinking that I should give the medical program a try before I made a permanent change with surgery. I called today to make sure that my referral had been sent in. Turns out it was sent in for the surgical program. I was told I could change it but the wait time for the medical program is 2-3 years versus about 1 year for surgical. 

Waiting 2-3 years to begin seems like a terrible decision. I Have a bmi of just over 40 and I have sleep apnea. 

Has anyone else struggled with the decision of which program to wait for?  I'd appreciate any opinions. 

Delicious_Delilah
on 11/26/15 3:08 pm, edited 11/26/15 7:08 am - Ottawa, Canada

That doesn't make sense to me. The wait times for the medical program, at least in years past, were weeks...has that changed?  I know in Ottawa, you would get referred and then once you met with the internist, you decided what stream you should follow.  

Seems odd to me.  Can you be referred to both?

DD

Monarch79
on 11/26/15 3:57 pm - Canada

My referral did go to kingston. I live closer to ottawa but I guess my postal code means I go to kingston. 

Canadajet
on 11/26/15 5:48 pm

Not sure where you live but in aurora Ontario offering 24 week program

abcweightmanagement.ca. Not sure the cost etc but you can look into it.

Patm
on 11/27/15 6:05 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

To me the medical program is just another diet to follow. Not sure what they say the long term results are. It would need to include some behaviour modification to of any help.

For me I had already tried so many diets I did not want to go on yet another just to fail.

Surgery is a big step and you do have to want to make lifestyle changes but for me it was a life saver

Most Active
Recent Topics