Taste difference between opti and premier protein

T. drouillard
on 7/27/16 2:10 pm - windsor, Canada

Hi  everyone ! 

So I'm getting close to starting my opti fast , 16 days away to be exact!!! I got all chocolate as a few people whom I know recommended just the chocolate, I'm wondering how much of a difference  the taste is between premier protein and opti ? I usually do a premier protein  once a day and don't mind it one bit , I'm kind of hoping that the taste between the two is comparable , I can't believe  this close already ! 

MonaLisaSmile
on 7/27/16 3:03 pm - Canada

Premiere shakes are pretty good tasting, better than the opti BUT  I didn't mind the opti.  I put them in the magic bullet with ice and torani flavouring.  I actually prefered the vanilla because you could customize the taste more, but choc was OK too.  A lid helps ..the smell can throw some people off.  For as many people you find that say OPTI was ok.......you will find just as many that say it was horrible. 

Its just one of the many things we have to do in this process...like it or not.....you will get through it......it serves its liver shrinking purpose and it gets you one step closer to your ultimate goal.

You'll do just fine !! 

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

(deactivated member)
on 7/27/16 7:08 pm, edited 7/28/16 5:29 am

So excited for you that you are starting your journey soon.  Please let us know how u are doing during opti and after surgery.  

I meet with surgeon on Friday and hoping a date will be set right after that!!  

Call From TWH, Surgeon not in clinic tomorrow, rebooked to Aug 5th.

Good luck to you!!  Hope Opti is a breeze and your surgery and recovery is smooth sailing!!! 

Teena D.
on 7/28/16 6:44 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

What hospital are you with?

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/16 6:58 am

Oops need to update that.  I'm also with TWH!!! 

My orientation was just a week after,yours.  

Teena D.
on 7/28/16 8:10 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

SO what's your secret!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/16 11:29 am
Teena D.
on 7/28/16 12:21 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Well it just seems like you're getting through the process very quickly. :) SO I was wondering how you make that happen.  i've called in for cancellations and was able to get things moved up a fair bit, but I think it will still be months before I see the surgeon.

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/16 1:03 pm
(deactivated member)
on 7/28/16 4:46 pm

Something happened to my message.......????..

i have numerous spcycsts on my liver, so surgeon needs to review my case and also decide if Opti is Ok for me. 

Ive had all the testings within last 2 years, so none needed unless surgeon wants me to do anything else.  

Most Active
Recent Topics