for TWH patients who have had surgery

Maiden48
on 8/27/16 10:50 am

Hi everyone,

Can anyone comment on the surgeon appt and pre-op appts for TWH patients? I had my surgeon appt in July. At that time they gave me my date for pre-op and surgery date (Oct). Plus I arranged to get my optifast.

However, not sure of a few details... will I have to arrange a physical with my MD prior to the surgery? If so, when? Was I supposed to get a packet of documents? When do I sign any hospital or insurance forms for work etc. 

Coming close, so starting to freak out a little. Been waiting since Jul 2015 so don't want  any more delays

Thank you

Cheryl

Leslie W.
on 8/27/16 12:36 pm - Cobourg, Canada

When you go for your pre-op you will see nurse who will do swabs and fill out questionnaire, anesthesia who will ask questions, quickly listen to chest, throat, doctor who takes blood pressure asks questions, pharmacist *****views meds you take and what to take. You will go for bloodwork. Founds answered lots of the same questions lots of waiting. Bring a book and a snack.  You dont need a physical with your gp. As for insurance think I did it at pre-op

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Maiden48
on 8/27/16 2:12 pm

Thank you +++

Most Active
Recent Topics