Anyone experience 2nd thoughts?

Kathy1212
on 4/3/17 11:23 am

I didn't tell many people at all before surgery because I was pretty ambivalent myself at that point, lol, and I didn't want to deal with any additional stress.

After surgery I outed myself on Facebook because I knew my family would talk anyway and I'd rather have it because I told them myself. Most have been super supportive, which actually surprised me. What also surprised me is that the few negative comments have come from people who have been super slim all of their lives.

I've come to expect the stories about other people who've had weight loss surgery...I guess they figure I"m interested since I've had it, similar to when I used to tell vacation friends I"m from Ontario Canada and they'd say, "Oh, do you know Mary Sue in Edmonton?" As though because I'm Canadian, I should know every other person in Canada...like Edmonton is down the street, lol. I think it's the same thing with WLS.

So almost any time I go out, I get to hear about all of the poor souls who've gained their weight back but also about those who've done great. I just nod and smile and then ask them something about themselves, and like that, the focus is on them instead of me, lol.

My extended family, who center every gathering around food, now make sure there's always something I can eat, which is really sweet.

One of the funniest comments I've gotten so far was from my best childhood friend, Laurie. She lives out of town but came to visit me last week. She brought her elderly dog, who's deaf, poor thing. I was still on purees and Laurie was staying at her Mom's house, which is next door to my house, so I brought my pureed chicken and mug warmer next door. I asked if her dog was a beggar, and she said "No". Next thing I knew, the dog was going crazy for my tiny bowl of pureed chicken.

I said, "I thought your dog doesn't beg". Laurie said, "She thinks it's for her; it looks like gourmet dog food". LOL.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

LukeB Girl17
on 4/3/17 3:05 pm

Lol oh my I love your comments and story! Congratulations on your weight loss and thank you so much!

Kathy1212
on 4/3/17 5:14 pm

You are so welcome! Hugs.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Most Active
Recent Topics