Who's The Jerk.....

Diana_Ackroyd
on 11/5/05 9:05 pm - Lawrencetown, Canada
...that coined the phrase "Morbid Obese". I'd bet my shrinking tu**** wasn't someone with a weight problem. How degrading. Is it not difficult enough to deal with being overweight without being told that you are "Morbid"? What's wrong with "Overly Obese", "Excessively Obese", or "Stage 1, 2 or 3 Obese"? Websters describes "Morbid" as: 1 a : of, relating to, or characteristic of disease b : affected with or induced by disease c : productive of disease 2 : abnormally susceptible to or characterized by gloomy or unwholesome feelings However, when I think of "Morbid", I think....disgusting, gross, ugly. I'm not any of those things, and neither are the obese people that I personally know. Okay, so let's find this person and make him/her take it back! I'm not morbid, nor have I ever been. I'm nice, kind, funny, and damn it....I'm cute! Whew......glad I got THAT off my chest. Thanks for letting me vent. Hmmmm a cup of tea sounds good right about now. This is simply too much drama this early on a Sunday morning. Ahhhhhhhh! Take care, Di 331/396.5/anything less
Joyce J.
on 11/5/05 11:40 pm - Scarborough, Canada
You are too funny Di and you made a mistake with your weight at the bottom of your post LOL. I remember my Doc filling out a medical form for me for camp and he wrote "Grossly Obese"...........thats pleasant eh? NOT ..... J
Diana_Ackroyd
on 11/6/05 12:39 am - Lawrencetown, Canada
I guess it's ME!!! hahaha Thanks Joyce for noticing my mistake. The correct information should read: 331/296.5/anything less Oh look....I've lost 100 lbs in only a few short hours. Will wonders never cease? Take care, Di
Diminishing Dawn
on 11/6/05 1:14 am - Windsor, Canada
"Morbid" is an ugly word when it is applied to a problem you have. But in medical terms, morbid means that it is bad for your health, causing injury or shortening life expectancy. Morbid obesity is not a choice or lifestyle, but is a chronic disease which causes other life threatening diseases which are called co-morbidities. To be honest, if I am "morbidly obese" and can die, at least gives OHIP the understanding that we need for our surgery to be paid for Stef
Most Active
Recent Topics