Money I saved after having WLS

Suzanne B.
on 5/6/11 3:06 pm, edited 5/6/11 3:07 pm - OR
Hi Everyone,

I thought about how much WLS cost and then I sat down and did a little calculation on what I would save each month. I was amazed when I figured out that is sure didn’t take me long to pay myself back because I wasn’t spending as much for food, medication, doctor’s visits, eating out and less gas for my car because I walked a lot more and did my shopping on my walks. 

Yes self-pay does cost us more. I gave up waiting for an insurance company to say yes, because I knew that they just weren’t going to do it and I wasn’t willing to give away any more days of my life. I knew Dr. Aceves was the best and that was just where I was going. Check out my numbers and think about how fast you actually recover your initial investment in yourself. Suzanne

Sleeved 10/21/2008

Total weight lost 105 pounds
Item Saving Costs per month Savings Cost of my Sleeve Surgery
Food $150.00 $1,800.00 by Dr. Aceves
Eating out $150.00 $1,800.00  
Medication $75.00 $900.00  
Doctor $100.00 $1,200.00  
Gas/walk more $25.00 $300.00  
Saving per month $500.00    

Total savings for 1 year $6,000.00 $8,700.00

How long it took me to pay myself back    
for my WLS because I was saving each    
month because I wasn't eating as much    
or going to the doctor as much and    
taking less medication.     
So at the end of 17 months I had saved    
enough money to pay myself back what I    
spent for the cost of my WLS. AREN'T YOU WORTH THE COST OF THE SURGERY?
  Take care, and be happy,
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
Donnaslifepart2
on 5/6/11 8:51 pm - Canada
Excellent Point!!!!!
Suzanne B.
on 5/7/11 3:05 am - OR
Hi Thanks,

We all spend more$$$$ after we have lost weight.  I just wanted people to see that we gained a lot such as good health, and not the same kinds of food, and seeing the doctor less.

Thanks and hugs to you,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
OneFinger
on 5/7/11 1:52 am
Very good info and comparison on the long-term cost benefits.

Unfortunately, I haven't realized those savings (yet). My clothing budget went through the roof when my "fat" clothes stopped fitting.

Am I complaining?? NO WAY!!

Would I still have WLS??   In a heartbeat.

The only complaint I have is that I didn't have the surgery 10 years ago. I spent those years on the yo-yo diets and pouring money down the drain trying the latest thing. My weight didn't change by more than 10-15 lbs.

This is the only thing I've tried that actually seems to work is WLS. And, the way I feel is remarkable.
High Weight = 310     Surgery Weight = 300   Dr's Goal = 200   My Goal = 190    
Suzanne B.
on 5/7/11 3:14 am - OR
Hi,

Oh you sound just like me, I wished I would have had WLS 10 years ago too.  And your good health is priceless.  Do we have any regrets on the money spent--NO WAY.  In my lifetime I tried enough of the fad diets to have paid for this.  No more YO YO diets for us ever again.

I just wanted people to see that there really are some benefits to having WLS.

Hugs, and keep up the great work.

Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
Most Active
Recent Topics