What an awesome day !!!

scorer14
on 5/12/11 4:20 am - Peterborough, On, Canada
The last few weeks have been hard on me, I was doubting if I could be a success in this new lifestyle.  Even though I have lost 132 in 8.5 months and eating around 1100-1200 calories a day, lifting weights 3 times a week and at least 30 mins of cardio 5 times a week, I was certain I was going to put all my weight back on.

Today has changed my mind started of the day having a protein shake and then headed to the gym for 2 hours - love the gym now.  On the way home windows down, music cranked enjoying the sunshine, got home and then tried on a pair of my shorts from last summer the only pair I had before surgery and they were HUGE, to the point they just fell right off me.  It was then I realized I will be a success and keep the weight and inches off and continue to enjoy life as it comes.

As I'm sitting outside in the sun and enjoying the birds signing, I know I will have days when I doubt my success, but I will just try on those shorts lol.  I just many of us have these ups and downs.  So to everyone having doubts about this surgery or their success, don't give up you will be okay and can succeed in this new lifestyle.

Cheryl

HW - 315, Optifast SW - 291, CW 173.4 Total Weight Loss 141.6  lbs

Joyce J.
on 5/12/11 4:26 am - Scarborough, Canada
Hi there

Those doubts are normal I think. Just don't let them consume your new life.

You have done so well. You will continue to succeed
Enjoy your day

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Gabygee
on 5/12/11 4:36 am - Canada
Thank you so much for your inspirational words - we will all go through this, and probably repeatedly.

You are so right, and the way you handled your "down" time was perfect - a timely reminder of the success you've already had, is such a great motivator.

Again - thanks for thinking to share your story.

Quinns_mommy
on 5/12/11 5:02 am
Thanks for sharing your story and for the inspiring words! This is the reason I come and read the posts on here every day... so that I can keep my motivation up!

My angels are sam1am and Joyce J. :)  
mom4life
on 5/12/11 8:20 pm - Port Rowan, Canada
Hijack~ just wanted to wish you an uneventful, text book surgery today. 

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning,
  but anyone can start today and make a new ending.? ~Maria Robinson

HW:  292 lbs          SW:  226 lbs        Clinic's GW:  160 lbs          My GW: 145 lbs

jdance
on 5/12/11 5:32 am - Canada
Hi, long time no post.
Glad  for your Wow moment.

I left some shorts at the trailer and wanted to wear them last weekend and darn it all, they too fell right off. I don't have any, so this weekend, i  will be hitting the stores to get some shorts and t-shirts.

Congratulations on your success. You have done remarkable. I'm sure you'll enjoy the race track so much better this summer.

j

Sheritk
on 5/12/11 7:46 am - Canada
You have done great Cheryl....it is an incredible feeling putting on those old clothes and you see just how much you shrunk!!! Congratulations and great to hear you had an awesome day!

Sheri 
  Cheryl M is my   aka...chermull6

(deactivated member)
on 5/12/11 8:13 am - Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
Hi Cheryl ... happy to hear about your wonderful success!  You've done so well ... and I'm glad you found a tangible way to reaffirm your progress.  Good on you!  We've missed you, happy to see you posting.

Big hugs
mo
wannabeonehotmama
on 5/17/11 12:31 pm - Ontario , Canada
So happy for you!!!   You ARE an inspiration to everyone.....and, you are a beautiful person, inside, and out!!!

Love ya sistah!!! 

Most Active
Recent Topics