I sink I sink I sink!!

Georgianne Z.
on 6/16/08 4:31 am - NC

I sink I sink I sink!  :=)

I know you think I have gone off the deep end.   Ha!  I have!  And I SANK! :=)

Let me explain.

For oh.. 20+ year, I have been able to go into the deep end of a pool or ocean and just float there without having to tread water.  I could literally bob up and down and exert absolutely no energy.  At some point in my life, I think I've almost fallen asleep out there just bobbin up and down.  This weekend, I went back into the pool for the first time since early September.  I swam laps better than I have in years.  I was able to pull myself around in the water and my strokes were just so much more productive.  I felt like a swimmer.

After swimming some laps, I swam into the deep end to "bob" around and relax a bit like usual. To my surprise… I kept sinking!!  At first I thought that maybe my swimsuit was just too big and weighing me down so on Sunday, I changed into one that was a smaller size (still too big) but did not have a big skirt.  I still SANK!  I actually had to TRED WATER.  OH THE HORROR! lol

I forgot how much I love swimming.  I had to stop swimming indoors because it really was playing havoc on my sinuses.  Now with the nice weather, I can swim again.

It just goes to show you, sometimes  the ability to SINK can be a GOOD thing!

What you are, is God's gift to you.  What you make of yourself, is your gift to God.

Pam Hart
on 6/16/08 4:35 am - Easton, PA
As soon as I saw your post title, I thought that this might be what you are talking about.  Too too funny. I say this because at the pilgramage I went into the deep end of the pool.  Now, granted, I never "bobbed" consistently - but in the deep end I had to work MUCH harder than I had in years in order to tread water and stay "afloat"  No - I wasn't floating - I was sinking too. Isn't that sinking feeling a wonderful one!  Congrats on hitting "rock bottom" I guess?  LOL Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Laureen S.
on 6/16/08 5:04 am - Maple Shade, NJ

Glad you've got that sinking feeling and it's happy!  lol Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Eileen51
on 6/16/08 6:08 am
OMG - I have had the same thing happen and it took a long time for me to figure it out.  Although I miss the floating, I am very grateful to be on this side of the scale. Eileen
jackie j
on 6/16/08 8:34 am - Glenmoore, PA
Oh Gosh and does it freak you out to feel your skin wibble wobble under the water as you swim??   Took me a little bit to get used to that; I was fascinated by it too.   I'm happy to report that you do get your sea legs back once you get used to your new self in water and the wibble wobble does calm down too as it tones up over time.    Glad to hear you are enjoying an old friend again.
Georgianne Z.
on 6/16/08 9:12 am - NC
JACKIE!!!!  :=)  SO glad to see your post!! but yeah.. it feels like 2 thighs on one!  But really, I don't care!!  I am just so grateful to be able to get into the pool and swim.  And the next time I go into the pool, maybe.. just maybe I'll JUMP in!  I haven't done that in years.  And then maybe..  perhaps...no... maybe yes...??... a dive someday?  !
Arlene E.
on 6/16/08 9:32 am - Philadelphia, PA
I just came back from a swim and read this and laughed out loud. At my condo pool, many go in using noodles to stay afloat. Well, for the past few years I wondered what the big deal was with the noodle. I stayed afloat with very little effort without the noodle. Until I just read this it didn't occur to me - duh- why I was able to go in "noodleless'" Last week, though, I had to tread hard to stay afloat. So to all of us who used to be able to ignore the "sink or swim" rule we better start swimming. Arlene
(deactivated member)
on 6/16/08 12:51 pm
OMG...I first read it as "I sTink" LOL  OK...G must be in ketosis LOL.....nope...she SINKS!!!  Cool!!  Then the next thing to come to mind was Tom Cruse singing in Top Gun.....but the words were...."I've got that sinking feeelllliinngg....ohhhhh that sinking feeeling.....I've got that sinking feeling now its gone...gone...gone....ohohohohohh"   Now I can't wait to get in the pool to see if I sink too!  It never dawned on me that loosing weight would cause someone to sink.... Go Georgianne!! HG
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1792 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1887 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2567 views