Getting to know you post

Nicole0216
on 4/2/11 6:15 am - Lancaster, PA
This weekend I realized that as much as I love you all. And think I know your heart and soul. There are many things that I DONT know about you that you should know about people you consider to be your good friends. So, I have a get to know you excercise here.

1.  Where were you born? What city state country etc?
2. Are your parents living? Do you have siblings? 
3. What is your favorite food? 
4. What is your favorite beverage? 
5. What is your favorite store to shop in? 
6.  If you could go anywhere on vacation what would it be? 
7. What is something you are looking forward to?
8. Name a life changing even other than WLS.
9. If you could be anything in life what would you be?
10.  What do  you like to do for fun?? 
Nicole0216
on 4/2/11 6:19 am - Lancaster, PA
1. Wilmington NC 
2. Parents are living both live in NC. Two sisters one older one younger.
3. Mexican is my favorite type of food. I do love salt n vinegar potato chips
4. Chai tea latte Starbucks
5. Bed Bath and Beyond
6. My answer would have been Japan. Now probably India
7. NE Cruise with my family
8.  When my father left us and moved away to Africa.
9. Motivational Speaker and Trainer/author
10. hang out with friends. Play with the cats. Read. Listen to music. Lay in a sun beam.
spirit56
on 4/2/11 7:01 am - Philadelphia, PA
Nic,

I think that this is a great idea.  Over the past 2 years I have gotten to know many people here but it would be nice to learn a little more about them.

1.  I was born in Phila., PA
2.  My mom is living and will be 80 at the end of April.  My dad has been dead for 17 years.  I have 3    sisters - Debbie (57), Diane (51), Daniela (36)
3.  I don't really have a favorite food any more
4.  I love water or decaf tea
5.  I don't like to shop
6.  I would love to go to the Grand Canyon
7.  Going to Cape May NY this summer
8.  When I left a religious community of women at 25
9.  Don't know
10.  I like to read, get together with friends, play Sudoku, watch movies

Donna 
Jshivery
on 4/2/11 8:44 am
Revision on 03/10/16
Hello Nicole!! 

This is a very nice thought!!! 

1.  I was born and still live State College, PA
2.  I have brothers and sisters....my "parents" are still living but dont talk to either
3.  my favorite food is anything I can chew at this point!  usually chinese, italian and pretty much anything to be honest!
4.  white chocolate mocha from Starbucks....bubble gum vodka!
5.  Kohls is my favorite store!!!
6.  Hawaii or a cruise w/ my hubby
7.  I am looking forward to eat a supper again with my husband and running with my kids.
8.  the birth of my 3 kids and marrying the best man in the world
9.  I would be succesful, the best mom I can, and the best wife I can
10.  shop and get my nails done....

Lisa0719
on 4/2/11 8:54 am - PA
1. Bristol, PA
2. Parents are living but mom has altzteimers and is deteriorating very quickly.  Have 1 younger brother and 1 younger sister. 
3. Seafood --- especially shrimp and scallops
4. Dunkin Donuts coffee with skim milk and splenda
5. Not much of a shopper but guess I would say Kohl's
6.  Aruba
7. Daughter's wedding 6/25, son's destination wedding 8/8-8/15 
8. When my first husband left me and 3 kids.
9. This has me stumped . . .   
10.  CRUISE, read, watch my philly sports teams

104 lbs lost now Maintenance BABY!!!! 

Lisa H.
on 4/2/11 9:33 am - Whitehall, PA
 Great idea, Nic... here goes

1.  I was born and raised in the Lehigh Valley, PA..  Lived in Bethlehem for the majority of my life, with spurts in Allentown and now Whitehall.  The only time I did not live here was the 5 years I spent in college at West Chester University

2. Both parents are gone.. Mom died May 2006 ,wow almost 5 years... Dad died September 2009.  I have one sister who is almost 44.  We are not close, never really have been.

3. believe it or not, my favorite food is NOT peanut butter... that is my devil food.  I like seafood, steak, chinese 

4. Favorite beverage is a frozen sf caramel soy latte from Sheetz.. yes Sheetz

5. I usually shop at Ross or JCPenney and have luck.  I love that I have many more choices now.

6. Right now, I just want to go somewhere warm and sunny.  But, I would love to go on a cruise or to a tropical beach on an island somewhere.

7. Currently, I am looking forward to celebrating Siehara (my 12 year old daughter for those who don't know), becoming a Bat Mizvah with all of you.  

8. The birth of Siehara; the death of my parents-particularly my father since he was the last to go and now I sometimes feel like an orphan.

9. I really don't know what I would want to "be" in life as far as career.  But, as far as generals, I would really like to just be financially stable with some cushion.

10. FUN-really, I have to limit this so as not to bore you.. LMAO.. being with friends, karaoke, dancing, trying new things that I couldn't dream of doing before, relaxing on the beach, and even though she gets on my last nerve-spending time with my daughter.

My tracker

hers 

lynnc99
on 4/2/11 9:36 am
Good idea Nicole!

1. Born in Pontiac, Michigan about 30 miles north of Detroit
2. Dad died when I was 9. Mom is still living and active at 93.
3. Favorite food - a "perfect" steak, or grilled talapia
4. Favorite beverage - SF caramel hot cocoa with a bit of coffee flavoring, sort of a caramel mocha thing
5. Store - The Bon Ton when I'm in Lancaster.
6. Vacation - Love our FL house and it's our destination now. But if I was travelling abroad, I would choose either Austria or Scotland (we could visit the McLean clan castle on the Isle of Mull...)
7. Looking forward to - Next trip to FL and a few days off with Mike at the end of April.
8. Life changing events - Decision to leave my first marriage was huge after 25 years of marriage
9. What would I be - a full time writer and teacher of writing, and/or a personal coach
10. For fun - unplanned day trips with Mike, shopping, time with friends, learning new things.
bvohl
on 4/2/11 11:02 am
Nicole,

I LOVE this idea....

1. I was born in Philadelphia, PA. Spent most of my life in Northeast Philly.
2. Both my parents are alive but they both are in a nursing home with Alzheimers and Parkinsons.
3. Pretty much anything except for seafood...thus the reason for WLS! LOL..
4. Homemade unsweetened decaf iced tea with splenda.
5. Fashion Bug....but haven't been able to shop recently :-(
6. England and France
7. Getting to my goal weight so I can go for plastics!
8. The birth of my daughter and marrying my husband. I know that was two events!!
9. I would love to be a professional musician in an orchestra like The Philadelphia Orchestra.
10. Get together with my WLS Peeps, shopping, playing on the Wii, and spending time with my daughter.

I am also going to add some of the jobs that I have had over my life so far...it is an interesting list!

babysitter, dog walker, telemarketer, toll collector on the PA turnpike, retailer, retail manager, temporary employee(where I met Steven) selling cell phones, music teacher in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia, and of course Music Teacher in Camden(current job) 

Hope this helps you to get to know me better!!

Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

bvohl
on 4/2/11 11:04 am
Forgot to mention my older brother! OOPS!!!
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

sandy L.
on 4/2/11 12:22 pm - Altoona, PA
 1. Born in Barnesboro, PA (now Northern Cambria), now live in Altoona, PA
2 . Mom still alive and working, 2 brothers David (40) Buddy (39)
3. pre WLS ice cream and bread. I'm still working on the after (it's only been a month)
4.  it was sweet tea, now strawberry/kiwi or grape flavored water
5.  Michaels and Jo-Ann's
6. Tybee Island, GA...love it there.
7. strangely I look forward to walking now.
8. loosing my grandparents and great grandma (I was close to them)
9.  I would have my own craft store and give craft lessons
10. for fun...play with my cats, read, take pictures crochet, sew, scrap book and hang out with my friends.    

I love coming to OH and the PA forum.  When I have a questions I get answers (honest answers) and I do get a lot of inspiration from everyone here.  Thanks.  =D    

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1794 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1889 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2569 views